Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Noooooooo! (Aston Martin content)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/article6605832.ece

Please tell me this is a joke….Please?

Houns

Ai mate sent me pix of it last week

tails
    Free Member

oh well at least you’ll be able to afford an aston CFH

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ha ha ha.

Ah well look at the positives…they’ve actually got a car that looks different from all the others! And it’s not using an 80’s Jag chassis!!!

(I wept when I saw the Caymen, I know what you are going through…)

tyger
    Free Member

How the mighty have fallen 🙁

andyg
    Free Member

Go down to a scrapyard. Ultimately all cars end up looking the same when the magic of marketing has expired.
    I mean all cars are reliable; have comfort acceptable for most, have similar perfomance/fuel economy, safety, features etc. Whats the fundamental difference?

uplink
    Free Member

Don’t worry – it’ll never see the light of day

BadlyWiredDog

Ace, footballer and petrol anorak brand shoots itself squarely in the groin. Love it 🙂

timdrayton
    Free Member

I read it was only available for existing am owners?

ie for the little wifey?

and this is supposed to be a car for the masses and eco friendly…..

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Aston Martin’s current average fleet fuel consumption probably around 20 mpg. If they give one of these away free with every proper Aston Martin their average fleet fuel consumption is (20+60)/2= 40 mpg. Therefore they cunningly avoid hefty EU fleet emmission fines come 2015.

terrahawk
    Free Member

well I think that looks cool.

retro83
    Free Member

Everybody’s got to eat, this is the food 🙂

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Yup, only available to existing AM owners, of whom apparently 30% have something like a Mini in the garage for short distance urban commutes. Makes sense. If you can afford an AM rather than a Jaguar, you can afford a baby AM rather than a Mini as your second car.

If its popular there is no way they will limit it to current owners only – no-one is going to turn down profit

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

It just goes to show the mentality of the AM owners. Take a £10K Toyota (Its based on the smallest Toyota model), they retrim it and rebadge it (Nothing engine wise) then they sell it for £20k. Why not buy a AM badge on Ebay and stick it on a Toyota? Same thing

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Apparently Aston Martin watches sell for more than £20k.

matthewjb
    Free Member

As others have said it’s designed to reduce Aston’s tax bill.

In the same way that a lot of the prestige car companies now have a small car in the range. eg The small BMW etc.

Still if it’s made by Toyota at least it won’t fall apart.

Somehow I’d rather have an Aston watch.

Nico
    Free Member

Stick an AM badge on a Toyota? Wash your mouth out. Have you no idea how much research goes into creating a Toyota? And then you want to turn it into a back street garage special from the 50s?

epicyclo

A car is a transportation box for bikes and storage space for bits you want to hide from the wife.

compositepro
    Free Member

someone will stick a v10 in there somehow

birky
    Free Member

You’d think they’d have learned from previous attempts at tarting up small cars, 😯

http://www.aronline.co.uk/index.htm?frazermetrof.htm

petrieboy

the guy that bought my tickford calibra had one of those metro things – just wrong!!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Looks like a Toymota! 😆

Spongebob
    Free Member

It is a Toymota!

Maybe Aston Martin will be rebadging Luis Viton handbags next.

mushrooms
    Free Member

lol aston martin castrated

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Are Aston still using parts scavenged from the Ford bin?

/just asking

votchy
    Free Member

Yes, all the previously owned by Ford companies use the same parts bin, AM, Volvo and JLR, some of these parts even have the parent company logo on the B surface, not something that goes down well when spotted by customers that have shelled out £40k and above 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Noooooooo! (Aston Martin content)’ is closed to new replies.