Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • noooooo!!!!
  • transporter13
    Free Member

BT in provisional talks to buy 02 back from teleconica

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30178199

I left them due to their poor service and strange billing practices for phone and broadband. Looks like i may have to find a different mobile provider 👿

Drac

They’re talking returning to the market, they have plans with their Home Hubs to allow them to act of mobile network boosters for 4G. That with their broadband power makes them a very interesting prospect for the future.

O2 are notoriously shite to deal with anyway so there’s nothing to be lost.

martinhutch

I left them due to their poor service and strange billing practices for phone and broadband.

Must have been pretty awful if current 02 service was deemed an improvement.

Cougar

O2 are notoriously shite to deal with anyway so there’s nothing to be lost.

I’ve been with O2 since the 90s and they’ve never been anything other than great to deal with. YMMV.

sharkbait
    Free Member

That with their broadband power makes them a very interesting prospect for the future.

Not necessarily. In the future it’s very possible that we’ll be connecting to the internet via a wireless link from your house to a local 4g node.
    If this came about many people would no longer need a wired phone service as mobiles would cater for the majority of domestic phone needs. BT would therefore lose a load of business and this is why they’re trying to get back into the mobile market.
    If they could have foreseen how mobile services have developed they would never have sold Cellnet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What sharkbait says, although my mate who works for HP’s mobile business was telling me this 25 years ago and it hasn’t happened yet

pk13

The 4g node thing has been talked about for donkeys now. By the time it’s going it will be out of date. Vodamoan have been working on it for years as have sky.
    BT know the market for landlines is on the way out in built up areas.

sharkbait
    Free Member

By the time it’s going it will be out of date.

Quite possibly, but the days of landlines are numbered.

pk13

And BT know it. Shame they are reacting better to be proactive with tec. 4g on a tab and 10 0000 minutes on a mobile is more than most people need unless your a huge download junky like me.

Drac

Vodamoan have been working on it for years

Yeah but that’s Vodafone who even failed to get 3G networks running well.

Not necessarily. In the future it’s very possible that we’ll be connecting to the internet via a wireless link from your house to a local 4g node.
    If this came about many people would no longer need a wired phone service as mobiles would cater for the majority of domestic phone needs. BT would therefore lose a load of business and this is why they’re trying to get back into the mobile market.

They want back in to sell TV, Phone and Mobile bundles. They have the infrastructure in place for landlines unlike other network providers so just need a mobile service, handily there’s 4 for sale.

dooge
    Free Member

Ive always had good customer experience from o2 as well. I can see a better infrastructure with BT though, one of the reasons I changed years ago to them was because their signal was generally better than everyone elses. Where I use it it is generally good with solid 3g coverage except Plymouth city centre where during the day it struggles to get more than 0.01mb download or upload. Its not good enough, but 4g will improve things when it eventually comes in.

There will always be a market for cable through business use but I can see how landlines for home use will diminish. BT customer service has always left a lot to be desired from what I have seen though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘noooooo!!!!’ is closed to new replies.