Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Noooo Bike frame`s busted
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

tinsy – Member
    missingfrontalobe, the insertion mark is about 20mm below the tope tube, see pic 3… dont know why they break there but they do

What I was trying to say was that the min insertion line should be beneath the top tube/seat tube junction. Obviosuly though the numbers of these frames that appear to break at this point would suggest that Pace have a significant problem, whether they accept it or not!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Another here with experience of Pace and Orange.

I'll not buy either again and if I was offered stuff for free I'd just sell it on.

It amazes me how companyies with such poor attitudes actually survive. Trading on their perceived cachet of yesteryear perhaps?

trout
    Free Member

It amazes me how companyies with such poor attitudes actually survive. Trading on their perceived cachet of yesteryear perhaps?

You are 100% correct there IMHO they had a niche product when made in britain meant that but now they charge MIB prices for MITiawan products

Not that I am Knocking MIT most ace stuff is from the east

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Cracking seatubes in a badly designed frame should be identified at a stage well before a production run, avoiding warranty issues in the first place imho. :bump!

trout
    Free Member

GaVgas
    Might happen now the CEN tests are happening

saw some vids and they seem brutal tests

showerman
    Free Member

Thought i would send this to a mate who has a 303 and yes just got the phone call to say that his is busted to 😐

trout
    Free Member

Maybe we could start a Busted pace frame club How old is it

Onzadog
    Free Member

Watching this thread with interest and really hoping tht the samer doesn't start happening to the 305.

smudge
    Free Member

Makes you wonder if there's any 303's still out there!

Has Mr Pace come along yet?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

GaVgas
    Might happen now the CEN tests are happening

The downside is that the frames need to be slightly heavier this year 😥

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Why would Mr Pace come along? Haven't you realised they don't give a toss?
    🙄

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Why would Mr Pace come along? Haven't you realised they don't give a toss

Hopefully they do,and will be in touch with troutie soon 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hope no one is holding their breath!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Thought i would send this to a mate who has a 303, and yes, just got the phone call to say that his is busted too

Has your mates frame gone in the same place showerman? 🙄

voodoo_chile

Pace spares are so expensive and poor quality ,i had an original pair of RC35 many years ago and to replace components on them was crazy …i really think the english companies of old are playing on the niche english line (ie orange,hope and pace) ,in my 20 years of riding I would not go near any of these brands …just my opinion

theflatboy
    Free Member

for what it's worth, you would definitely have had a solid claim against them and i'll bet that had you started a small claims action against them they'd suddenly have changed their position.

worth remembering for next time, no good now you've had it welded elsewhere but understandable.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

No news yet troutie?… 😥

andrewh
    Free Member

My 2p worth,

Had a set of RC36s a few years ago. 4 snapped braces and a colllapse spring stack in a year and a half. Pace warrenty dept is appalling. I just go around telling everyone I can to avoid Pace.

Conversly, Marn=in warrenty dept are excellent and I sing thier praises at every oppertunity.

As for Mr Pace, I spoke to him regarding my problem (Adrian Carter if I remember right?) No use at all, and a bit patronising I thought.

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Noooo Bike frame`s busted’ is closed to new replies.