Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Noob
  • njee20
    Free Member

Well this has all the potential to deteriorate into a really petty slagging match, but I'm very interested to see even 5 of the 20 boastful comments I've made which you've so easily stumbled upon…

I've never won the bottom category of a local race, I've only won about 3 races, and I generally don't boast about them. There are plenty of people on this forum a lot faster than me, I can think of 5 straight off the top of my head. There are undoubtedly some who are slower than me, but I don't feel the need to put them down, it's easy to be fast behind a keyboard!

You're obviously confident you're a better runner and cyclist than me, and you have a faster car. You really don't know any of those things, ergo you are boasting. I struggle to believe you're 34 too.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Njee – I reckon you are probably a better all round rider. I often ride in a club and outpace everyone but that's only a local group. You'd struggle to be worse than me on a wet DH slope but I'm good uphill and have decent fitness. I'd guess I am a better runner, surfer and swimmer?

Check the Mens Health thread from a few days ago. Check the pic. Check the hairline – I am mostly definitely 34.

Lets leave it there shall we.

We've both probably enjoyed the same Surrey slopes and both share a keen interest in MTBing. Let's bear that in mind and carry on as if we'd never "met."

warton
    Free Member

I'd guess I am a better runner, surfer and swimmer?

Why? and does it matter, other than to boost your obviously pretty fragile ego?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Warton – why not give it a rest? Your bleating is both boring and clearly desperate as no one actually responds to your petty little moans.

Oh and get a Mothercare My3 or 4 – ours has been brilliant. Just get a decent puncture repair kit…

StuF

is it in danger of becoming 'The Big Brag' – Dr Seuss

warton
    Free Member

what a great first thread. even better than moz / lester or Kaesae for coming across as a total idiot.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Warton – have you got anything to actually SAY?

Thought not. Another keyboard warrior who can't let go.

warton
    Free Member

Yeah, lots, not going to waste it on you though 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Good plan.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bagsy last word!

warton
    Free Member

no way!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

I'd guess I am a better runner, surfer and swimmer

Yep as above, a) you have no particular reason to think that and b) who cares if you are!?

I don't care if you are far better than me on a bike, it's totally irrelevant, but you do come across as a bit of a tool who really cares about such things. Your choice of car certainly doesn't surprise.

I look forward to seeing you at a triathlon in the future, as that's my focus this year, you can prove to me how much better you are!

chakaping
    Free Member

This is like watching a car crash.

With one of the cars being a sweet BMW, obviously.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Well it's my focus too. We'd better see how well we did at the end of the year…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I'm nearly fifty, I've lost most of my hair, and I'm at least three stone overweight. I drive a s**t car, and my mountainbike only cost seven hundred quid. Top that!

njee20
    Free Member

Great, which events are you targeting?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

…and you're from Barnsley too…? 😉 (that was for Mitch).

njee – mostly local – I have a little boy so travelling miles is off limits. I'll also be doing events that involve a sea swim and off road running – can't stand pool swimming or track running. Most seem to have a road cycle instead of an MTB one though which is annoying (got a road bike but it's pretty basic – 2010 Allez Elite with no mods).

Will also carry on doing some 10k trail (running) races.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I can't wait to find out who's the most winningest dude's going to be.
    I'm stoked just think about all that medalling!

njee20
    Free Member

Aye 'tis exciting isn't it!

Agree that off-road tris are hard to come by, I'm never doing another Endurance Life one though. I'm gonna do Xterra France, hopefully they'll be better organised!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – wanna know the best bit? I moved there from Cornwall!

Milkie
    Free Member

Quality first post Matt.

Think you'll fit in here, once the old timers get over it. 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – wanna know the best bit? I moved there from Cornwall!

😆 Now that IS funny! 😆

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

But true. And it was my choice!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It must have been:

1) A damn good job
    2) A smokin' hot woman
    3) Ermmm….?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Echo…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Already had 1 & 2 – and there's more to life than nice beaches and good surf. Sometimes I miss it, but I'm happier back up north. You can take the lad out of Yorkshire, and all that.

njee20
    Free Member

Cornwall is just too far out of the way for my liking, as well as being the most deprived county in the country, I'd probably choose Yorkshire!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

mitch – for us (me, wife and 19 month old boy) being near the sea is top priority. We also both grew up (me from 14, wife and son from birth) down here so it feels like home.

njee – try and apply for a "normal" job down here and you'll get a salary so bad, it'll make you cry. You need to either be a doctor or run your own business. We do the latter and have only one Cornish client – the rest are London/Bristol/Somerset. It can be very small minded at times but when you work remotely, it doesn't matter.

njee20
    Free Member

LOL at the cartoon!

I think I'd just feel too remote down there, just too far from everything, got used to being within an hour of everything I could want!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I loved being near the sea (we lived about three miles from Sennen Cove), but to be honest, started to take it for granted after a while. Used to dread the holiday season (too much traffic, everybody seemed to get more aggressive, etc), and the job situation was always a bit of a worry.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

njee – my exact thoughts when my folks announced we were moving down when I was 14. I had a year of hell (RGS Guildford to Cornwall comp aged 14 is NOT a good move) then loved it. Parents got sick of the rat race, it improved my little sisters bad asthma and probably saved my dad from dying of stress (he ran a big interior design firm near Guildford). He's now super chilled and loves life as does my mum.

Mitch – job situation is bad for many but we run our own small company that is luckily doing okay. It's the only way down here I reckon. Traffic wise – we live somewhere very quiet but near Truro so best of both worlds (shopping, good schools and places to eat nearby but actual home is quiet) and when it's REALLY busy, we just use the boat and head to places on that instead. St Mawes, Falmouth and other places are all easy to get to.

But I have a London meeting next week nr Heathrow – best option is the train (flights are no good) – 5 hours each way – yikes! Doesn't happen often though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a little boy so travelling miles is off limits.

We have a little girl – I'm going to Dalby in June 🙂 You can do it.

FWIW I had the pleasure of a ride with njee20 last week in the Surrey hills, and it was ace. Great riding, and he is damn quick.

njee20
    Free Member

Aaw, thanks! It was a good ride, happy to show you around more of the stuff if you're in this neck of the woods again.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

kaesea-surf-mat seperated at birth me thinks 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Njee, I'm here for the foreseeable future, and I'll be mainly riding for fun on Thursday nights. On holiday for three weeks after next week tho.

See you at the British XC 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I have to say night rides aren't much good for me, although the odd Wednesday isn't out of the question.

Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Noob’ is closed to new replies.