Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • Noob
  • bikefish85
    Free Member

Mid range like your BMW is?

Pigface
    Free Member

The only ammo you chuck is your toys out of the pram 🙂

andrew156
    Free Member

Mid range like your BMW is?

You're thinking of the 5 series. The 3 series are entry level models.

bikefish85
    Free Member

Very good point sir.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow, some people really do define themselves by their cars.. amazing!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Indeed Andrew, the 520d is indeed "above" the M3 and 335i/d 😀 🙄

And the £39k 335d is of course mid range. Just like a Cayman is a poor man's Porsche. Usually to those with some hyper dull little company Ford/Vauxhall driver.

Carry on children – and don't forget to report back to those internerd mates on BR.

stumpyjon

How are you BTW? Just done my Stumpy right up and it's now sweeeeeeet!

Wish my bikes were, stumpy's freehub is not working (top tip of the week, don't put grease in your freehub 😳 ) and the hardtail has a creaking headset and goosed forks. Looks like it's a weekend of fettling, still the trails are brilliantly dry and the hills are on fire (literally), best time of year in Rossendale.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mol – BMWs are for tw4ts so yes they do. Unfortunately they are decent cars but they are still mostly driven by hateful people. Just like Audis. I enjiy driving the wife's Jimny almost as much as the Bimmer because of it's anti status.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Jon – my freehub was so knackered it was slipping constantly and was full of gunk. Hope Pro2 now on so that has improved many times. Elixirs CRs are also good – my Juicys were also very very dead.

andrew156
    Free Member

Ohhh look at me I spent £39k on a car fnar fnar fnar it's so much better than everyone elses!

Same old story it appears…

molgrips
    Free Member

Well mat you seemed to be doing a lot of defining right there.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Andrew – and you drive? If you're going to get all narky about cars, at least demonstrate:

1) Any knowledge of cars
    2) What you drive
    3) What you want to drive
    4) Why you don't drive it

Otherwise you're just another sniping cybergeek with issues.

andrew156
    Free Member

It's nothing to do with cars. It's how you carry yourself and your online persona.

You seem to think you are better than others because of your car. You get kicked off/leave a forum for arguing about cars then first thing you do on another forum is to try start an argument about other peoples cars.

sc-xc

sorry to hear about your penis.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

And all this car baiting moaning cr4p disguised as "baiting" – how about a shared enthusiasm (or not) for them? Like on the diesel/petrol thread?

If you don't like them or have something crap that bores you, just don't bother. If you are into them and have something you like, have a chat about it.

Simple.

Pigface
    Free Member

Matt your reputation precedes you, from MSW to Bike Radar and now you are here and kicking off isnt it a little bit like ground hog day for you?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Pigface – since leaving MSW, I've met plenty more people from it in "real life" who have also stopped using it so that worked a treat. The same will probably be true on Bikeradar. I already know many of the Cornwall lot.

The moaners, wingers (sp?) and snipers are all the same – not worth worrying about. They never actually do anything, meet anyone or contribute anything. Without question, every single one is a bit sad, a bit lonely and very bitter. I'll happily meet anyone in real life and in fact prefer it.

For those that stalk, slate, moan, bleat and think life has been unfair, I have this much time

>> . <<

molgrips
    Free Member

Surf-Mat, you are coming over rather abrasive and cocky. That's why people seem to have a problem.

Just letting you know 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mol – I know. It's because I'm slightly insane.

ianpinder
    Free Member

How old are you

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

simonralli2
    Free Member

I was going to say hello but I feel that as a driver of a 1.4 Vauxhall Meriva I lack any form of credibility and am not qualified to join this thread 🙁

RichPenny
    Free Member

I don't even have a car. Hello Matt, nice to meet you. Can you give me a lift to the Purbeck ride on Saturday? 😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Simon – do say hello. All I do is bite back when someone tries to get one up on me. I love cars – all sorts of car from the Hyundai Getz we hired in France to the 355 I was insured to drive for a while. I like my car (as you can tell) but it's appalling in snow or mud, is heavy and not all great. I just like cars (and vans) and love trying different models. Some are genuinely crap, some are surprisingly good and underrated. While I wouldn't buy a Meriva (it's quicker than our Jimny!) they do their job perfectly well at a decent price.

I'm happy to talk cars, MTBing, running, surfing, gyming and all sorts – but when someone (usually weird stalkers) just slates my car or whatever for the sake of it I will always bite – some think that's entertaining, others realise I'm just enthusiastic about a number of subjects.

So please DO join this thread.

MrNutt
    Free Member

could you "bring the gnar"?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Rich – you didn't happen to go to Swansea Uni by any chance did you?

poisonspider
    Free Member

"How to Make a Good First Impression" by Surf-Mat, an invaluable read.

My first post, which was only a short while after Surf-Mat posted included:

Urrghh, what a big head, I hate him already

Which was meant to be a joke. Actually it turned out to be quite profetic.

Mat – if you are so keen on cars (no problem with that, I can fully appreciate it) why aren't you on a car forum bigging up your BM, you'll probably get more constructive input that way.

This is an MTB forum, where, sad as it is sometimes, people like to talk about bikes. It should come as no surprise that it contains a higher then average number of people not that intrested in cars.

I sense you have confidence issues. What's your relationship like with your parents? Did they neglect you as a child? Tell us about it, you're among friends here (ahem!).

In all honesty I don't give a sh1t what car you drive, it doesn't define you as a person, your actions and attitude do. What impression would you like us all to be left with, if it helps here's mine;

" Wow, that Surf-Mat is a cool dude, I wish he was my friend. He has such a cool car (which is loads better than my deisel Ford, hangs head in shame)and is clearly really fit and a great MTB rider. I bet his wife/bird/partner is gorgeous and everyone wants to shag her. I'm so jealous. Why can't I be him, I'm off to kill myself…"

That's God's honest that is!

BANG! THUD!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

How about this then – while there seem to be many car enthusiasts on here, I won't mention mine again on here – ever.

Now am I "allowed" to comment on other cars or shall I impose a complete blanket car ban?

Because I'm equally, if not more, interested in cycling, surfing and all sorts of other stuff.

Hell I even like Radio 4 these days, such is my diversity of dullness.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don't even have a car – can I give an opinion?

BMW car drivers are tossers. this is a fact borne out by 0.003 seconds internet research ( 4 billion hits)

poisonspider
    Free Member

<back from the dead>

Surf-Mat – I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't post about.

All I will say is, why not read back your posts just before hitting the send button. Ask yourself:

Do I sound like a big head?
    Do I sound like I'm waving my willy?
    Do I sound like a bragging bell-end?
    Does anyone give a sh1t what I'm saying?

If any of the first three are answered 'Yes' and/or the last one is a 'No' then consider re-wording or don't bother at all.

I'll give you some time to reply because I suspect you may have a few re-drafts to do.

njee20
    Free Member

This thread is great, seems to goes a long way to confirming my opinions of you Matt, which are pretty low!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

As is my opinion of you njee. You also appear to have the build of a small boy. Maybe you feel threatened by a grown up so need to jump in and have your little say every five minutes.

We shall have to agree to disagree.

End of.

njee20
    Free Member

End of.

Do you not want everyone to see this thread then!?

warton
    Free Member

I've never heard of this matt fellow. but I have to say he's a complete idiot.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Spill the beans Njee, what's he done?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Now I see why you feel the need for constant kit oneupmanship – your location says it all – Surrey.

I lived there for my first 14 years and MTB'd all around the county. It's a place where kit matters over anything else, where you have to keep up with the Joneses, and where MTBing fun is rather tame.

A quick flick through your posts reveals someone that is SO keen to shout how great his bike is (mine's good but that's all – so what?). Have you in fact left home yet? Your photos suggest someone aged about 12.

No wonder you need to try so hard.

njee20
    Free Member

Now I see why you feel the need for constant kit oneupmanship

Have you even read this thread?!

If I'm not mistaken, it was you who said this:

I'd happily race you on foot, bike, in the water or in my car.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Yes – and?

njee20
    Free Member

You boast about absolutely everything, it's rather pathetic! I'm proud of my bike, and do tend to stick it up on relevant threads, but I don't generally boast about too much. Please link to posts that you feel go against this?

I will match your posts 1:1

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I don't have time to copy and paste every boast but I've just seen at least 20 with a very quick search. Everything from how great a bit of your kit is to you winning the bottom category of a local MTB race.

Maybe you don't "boast" about anything else because you aren't any good at anything else except buying expensive kit and low level MTB racing?

Shocking as it may sound but many here have other interests, much as we love MTBing.

Carry on if you want – I'm getting rather bored.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Noob’ is closed to new replies.