• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hb70.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Non-wifi amp… Possible to stream music???
  • rkk01
    Free Member

I have a small Fender amp (Mustang) that I hook my phone / iPod up to. Sound is good (to my ears), but sometimes I don’t want my phone wired up to the amp.

So, is it possible to rig something up where I can stream to the Mustang? It does have a micro USB connector…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

There’s Bluetooth receivers. Aldi usually has some.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Bluetooth, Apple Airport Express, Sonos

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Bluetooth reciever or a raspberry pi running volumio wired into the amps aux input will do this pretty cheaply

johndoh
    Free Member

We use an Apple Airport Express, works a treat.

rkk01
    Free Member

We use an Apple Airport Express, works a treat.

Do you need to be an “Apple” house? We have an existing wifi network etc

Cougar

I picked up a BT receiver dongle for next to no money, plugs into the existing iDevice connector. Works perfectly.

I’m sure fruit-based devices will work too, if you want to spend five times as much for little practical difference.

EDIT: I assume you’re connecting via the phone’s headphone connector to that amp, which complicates matters a little.

andyl
    Free Member

Look on amazon for a DNLA wifi music streaming jobby. They are about £30-40.

They also do BT versions.

Another option is a chromecast with a HDMI to analogue/digital audio adapter and then you can use chromecast apps from your phone.

Rubber_Buccaneer

BT is cheapest but has limited range. Leave the room with your phone in your pocket and the music stops.
    Airport express. More money but connected over wifi so works all the time you have a wifi connection. You will either need to be using an iphone or remotely controlling itunes on a PC somewhere. There are android apps that may work but when I tried a couple of yeas ago they were flakey.
    Sonos is ridiculous money for what you want.

al2000

These look interesting :

http://www.myrocki.com/

hb70

We use a Logitech Bluetooth Adaptor. I saw something similar in Aldi for £14 yesterday. You lose quality, but it still sounds good to me, because old amps and speaker separates still produce nice sound which compensates for the compression. Best £25 I’ve spent in years.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980-000913-Bluetooth-Audio-Adapter/dp/B00IJYG4FY

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Non-wifi amp… Possible to stream music???’ is closed to new replies.