Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Non – UST tyres on specialized '2bliss' rims? Noob question
  • stevious

Just checking, if I want to turn my bog-standard wire beaded HIgh Rollers tubeless, I’ll definitely need a rim-strip even though I have taped rims, right?

stumpy01

What do you mean you have ‘taped rims’? Not taking the mick, just seeking clarification.

You mention Spesh rims. Do they have that shiny light blue rim tape on?
    My ‘Spesh’ DT Swiss wheels came with that stuff. Some of the forum posts I read said that you didn’t need anything else, but mine was applied all over the place and wasn’t straight enough to seal the spoke holes. I ended up taking it off & using electrical tape.

mogrim

Rim tape is basically to protect the inner tube from spoke nipples, if the insides of the rims are smooth you shouldn’t need the tape.

Edit: forget what I said, you’re talking about a different setup 😳

stevious

they’ve got electricians-style sealing tape on them (I think its blue). It is the stuff that seals the holes up, but I thoought I still need a rim strip if I’m using non-UST tyres?

stevious

Just in case anyone looks for this in the search, I can report that my wire bead high rollers went up fine with just the blue rim tape and the supplied valves. Didn’t even need a compressor! Have held their pressure for a day (including a wee ride) so looking good!

ratherbeintobago

I’d chuck some sealant in there if you’ve not done so already, just to be on the safe side.

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Non – UST tyres on specialized '2bliss' rims? Noob question’ is closed to new replies.