Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Non UST Nobby Nics Tubeless?
  • adam1330
    Free Member

Sorry, another tyre post, but I've got a set of Stans 355 Hope Hoops, and fancy trying some Nobby Nics. Anyone had any success running non-UST Nics tubeless, or should I just pay the extra and get the UST version?

uplink
    Free Member

Yup – no problem at all with them

boxelder

They're a bit fragile in my experience. the tall knobs can tear under braking. UST are much better, but much more ££.

giantjason
    Free Member

in my experience and after 1 hour trying, not a chance. you'd be safer to go proper UST NN which sealed first time. although i do think it makes a difference if you have mavic or stans rims. mine were mavic 819 ust rims.

uplink
    Free Member

I've had them on 719 rims since about August time – went on first time & have stayed up since then

shermer75
    Free Member

Excellent but fragile pretty much sums up my experience. I weigh about 85-90kg with pack, and found they didn't last very long tubeless- got slashed very easily. Haven't tried the UST ones. Never had any probs with the actual mechanics of getting them to run tubeless, if you know what I mean

luked2
    Free Member

Same as uplink, but only since January.
    EDIT: no problems with slashes, but there aren't that many rocks round here.

br
    Free Member

I've 2.4's on 5.1's with Stans strips and 2.1's on a 4.2/819 combo, all tubeless.

The 2.4's have been abused across rocks and all sorts, no probs at all.

And I've just today put the 2.1 wheels on, the latex was still fluid and they haven't even been used since I did the Gorrick Enduro last year.

So no probs here. I've also got a 2.25 on a 317 with a stans strip. Been using it for the last few weeks in the Chilterns, again no probs.

UST's while probably stronger are far heavier and dearer.

Try http://www.nextdaytyres.com, I got an 09 NN quite cheap.

augustuswindsock

I've had NN on a Stan's olympic front and Flow rear for the last 18 months including a week in Verbier (when they were both brand new) and had no prob's (touch wood!). Worth going for the snakeskin version tho', particularly on the rear!

Matt_B
    Free Member

Adam, ive got some partially used ones im looking to sell if you're interested? Email in profile.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Absolutely fine on my ztr 355/pro3 wheels. I've ran them in spain, peaks, wales etc and the sidewall is just starting to look worn.

I don't understand hearing about bad experiences of schwalbe tyres. I run a racing ralph on the rear all year round with no probs (tubeless of course)

adam1330
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. Matt, YGM!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Non UST Nobby Nics Tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.