Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • NON tubeless tyres run tubeless – Nobby Nics or High Rollers??
  • dickie
    Free Member

I'm trying to decide whats the best non tubeless tyre to run tubeless on ZTR rims.
    Nobby Nics or High Rollers (62a or 70a).
    I've read a few bad reports about NN's but whats best in your experience?

Rorschach
    Free Member

sidewalls like wet bog paper…..nobbies that is.

Vortexracing

I've run both quite a lot Dickie on 355's.
    My default tyre is now the HR, although both have been OK form a sidewall point of view, I just prefer the HR. The NN just kept pinging of stuff unless I ran it at less than 20PSI.

The High rollers and Swamp things I've run have been great. Mates also use Maxxis tyres and they have had no probs.

and I use 60a on the rear and 42a on the front.

I wouldn't use a 70a, probably a bit too hard for my liking.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i run nobby nic 2.4/2.25 triple evo on ZTR crests.
    My brother runs high rollers supertacky wire bead on ZTR arch's.

Both of them aired up very easily, the rear on each lost a little air the first night. With the high rollers we painted a copydex/latex solution on the sidewalls as we heard they were a bit pourous and took ages to seal up. We then went and did a week in south wales and had 0 burps, punctures or pissing of sealant on the trail. We ran both of them down to fairly low pressure, my NNs were at about 10-15psi at one point and i weigh 144 pounds. My brothers rear high roller went down to 20 psi but he weighs considerably more than me. Ive also clipped the sides of rocks with my NNs and not damaged them yet 😮 I did a little jumping on mine and had no problems.

In other words, to cut a boring story short. Do whichever one you want to they should both work.

pinches
    Free Member

if you use EVO versions of NNs the sidewalls are very porous, but if you get snake skins they are much tougher, for very little extra weight. I've used these more successfully.

firestarter
    Free Member

I've used both successfully but find maxxis easier to set up initially

geetee1972
    Free Member

The general consensus from my local LBS, which used to be the importer for No Tubes/Stans products (i think) is that Maxxis tyres in general work really well with Stans rims. In particular the High Roller and the wire bead in particular. Having used them for the last four years this has also been my experience. I haven't used Schwalbe tres.

grumm
    Free Member

There is a guide on the justridingalong site to which tyres work best – pretty sure Maxxis get good ratings.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I run Ardents tubeless – they're a doddle to set up and have lasted extremely well.

devs
    Free Member

HR work fine and you also get the bonus of trustworthy grip. NNs will never adorn my ZTR Flows, or any other rim for that matter. I would use Racing Ralphs in the right conditions though, should I ever feel the need to pay more than necessary for my tyres.

njee20
    Free Member

Buy Schwalbe from Germany, much more sensible prices!

I use various sets tubeless and find them consistently the best to convert.

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks, I've already got a new set of NN's but was just wondering if I should exchange them for High Rollers.

Fletcher
    Free Member

I run tubeless nobby nics on my S-works epic, never had any probs TBH.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘NON tubeless tyres run tubeless – Nobby Nics or High Rollers??’ is closed to new replies.