Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Non-touch screen phones. What's worth having?
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’ve had my very basic little Samsung E1200 for over 5 years now and there are many things I like about it; a week between charges, buttons that click under your finger so you know when you’ve pressed them. But the call quality can be a bit poor and it’d be nice to have a decent camera, oh and a different game to play when sat on the bog, so I’ve been looking about for a step up.
    I’ve found details of a number of phones on the internet that seem to fit the bill but none of them seem to be sold in the UK. Local phone shops are no use, the staff either look blank or offer me nothing better than what I’ve got.

Any recommendations?

Yak

I went down a similar route to you. Reluctant to give up on proper buttons, but wanted more capability. So ran Blackberries for a few years. Ok-ish, but they kept breaking and the screen is small. So finally went proper smartphone/touchscreen.

It’s ok. Embrace the current.

iolo
    Free Member
    Yak

Hmm, an android blackberry. Quite interesting.

finbar
    Free Member

So ran Blackberries for a few years. Ok-ish, but they kept breaking and the screen is small.

I’m not sure how long I’ve had my Blackberry 9780 for, but it’s got a photo on I remember taking in March 2013, and I bought it second-hand when I got it. Apart from having to replace the battery once it’s proving absolutely indestructible.

Yak

I must have had the Friday afternoon specials. Screens, batteries, etc. Never got more than 6months out of one.

The new ones are made by someone else.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Never really liked the tiny buttons on Blackberrys.
    I’d be quite happy with another 12 button plus arrows keypad.

joshvegas
    Free Member

A big yet sl8m phone like a galaxy s6 means onlu a nupoet wpuld m8ss the keysyou aimed for

transporter13
    Free Member

Is it wrong that I read that without a mistake?…. It looks like the type of message id send.. Just without the random full stops

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Non-touch screen phones. What's worth having?’ is closed to new replies.