Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Non-sweaty windproof jackets?
  • doomanic

How does the Polaris size up? I like the look of the windshell but I’m right at the top end sizewise.

13thfloormonk

Nailed the layers today, just rode slower 8)

Will probably get the Windchill after all, softshell inside and I like the colour/cut/other features. Will also just focus on hours in the saddle on the cold days instead of trying to push a higher average pace, will save that for spring!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

mt500 is the nicest most breathable jacket ive owned, its expenisve, but by god its brilliant! its a bit of an odd fit, but if fits great

I don’t think ive had one drop of sweat on the inside yet, and that’s with all vents zipped up!

jimdubleyou

If you are “of a certain size” the Fat Lad Jacksey jersey is great.

https://fatladattheback.com/mens-windproof-technical-cycling-jersey-stealth-blue-jacksey-s-m-l-xl-2xl-3xl-4xl-5xl-6xl-7xl

I wear mine with a base layer, and occasionally an additional mid layer if it’s cold.
    It will keep out a bit of drizzle, and stays warm when it’s wet.

Vortexracing

I must admit, I’m on the look out for the holy grail. The Gore Phantom I have seems to be ‘boil in the bag’, especially under my Camelbak.

I end up cold when we stop for faffing/grub etc.

Might try my LS Gabba, to see if that helps.

chakaping
    Free Member

I feel a bit kinky admitting this, but I sometimes wear just a softshell jacket* when it’s too warm for a jersey and jacket but too cold for just the jersey.

It’s quite invigorating.

😉

*and shorts of course.

chiefgrooveguru

I have a Mountain Equipment softshell which is great on the bike – it’s their Exolite fabric which is one of those stretch double weave materials. It’s a neat close fit, velcro cuffs (I find these invaluable for temperature adjustments on the bike) and no hood.

It isn’t totally windproof but it’s close enough to do the job whilst being WAY more breathable than anything which is 100% windproof, especially anything with a membrane. So that’s what I’d look for, a similar fabric in a roadie cut.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Non-sweaty windproof jackets?’ is closed to new replies.