Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Non-slip Paste
  • whitestone
    Free Member

Recommendations for non-slip paste for steel frame and Reverb post please. Will the equivalent from an auto shop do?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I would use copper grease. Buy it from a auto shop as it’s vastly cheaper. The point of the grease is to stop the two different metals seizing together.
    If it were a carbon frame then you would want grip paste like the Finish Line Fiber Grip stuff.

wwaswas

The point of the grease is to stop the two different metals seizing together.

but the paste also reduces the clamping force needed to hold the post in the frame so I use paste regardless of frame and seatpost materials.

breadcrumb

I’ve been using copper grease, no issues.

wwaswas

my KS posts all say to use paste (and I think there was a sachet in the box?) to avoid bending the outer tube with the seat clamp and stopping it working.

whitestone
    Free Member

Cheers guys. A tub of non-slip paste in the LBS is £30 ❗ which for something I’m only going to use very occasionally is somewhat pricy.

motozulu
    Free Member

I used copa slip on the KS Lev and it’s all good – get it for a fiver on flea bay.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member
    hatter

+1 for the small tube of Finish Line Fiber Grip

Use it on all my stems and seatposts out of habit now, carbon or otherwise it’s just a little bit of extra peace of mind IMO.

For £7.99 it’s a no brainer.

whitestone
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon & @hatter

I’d seen that – by the time I’ve used all that I’ll be needing some teflon paste on my own joints! 😀

iainc

another +1 for Finish Line fiber gel. I had a slippy creaky Thomson in my RL853 and tried 3 or 4 different carbon pastes until trying the Finish Line, which cured it. I now have it on all bikes, which include steel, alloy and carbon frames.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Non-slip Paste’ is closed to new replies.