Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Non riding for me today(pics)
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I just needed an easy day so I headed down to Lynmouth and the Valley of the rocks for a gentle stroll. To be honest it was just an excuse to use my new toy a lovely 1962 Olympus Pen half frame camera .I cant wait to get the prints back from the lab. Oh these pics were taken on a digital btw .Comments ?

Click the pic for more pics.

noteeth
    Free Member

Lovely. One of my favourite spots in this country (and indeed, the world…).

Christowkid
    Free Member

(sigh) memories of childhood, regular trips over Exmoor with Mum and Dad visiting Aunt Edie who owned a guest house in Lynton. Twas a trek from Uffculme then! Had our honeymoon there too.
    thanks for the nostalgia trip!
    cheers
    Q

Burts
    Free Member

Gorgeous place and a superb little river for kayaking. I remember paddling that final stretch into the breaking surf, still buzzing with adrenaline after running the gorge above it. (Probably 14-15yrs ago!)

knottie8
    Free Member

Its a lovely area and a very scenic route from my house , past the Qs and up over Porlock . Great seascapes on one side and the open moors on the other. Chips on the seafront were good too.

badnewz
    Free Member

Minehead descent into Porlock – 😀

spooky_b329

I remember overtaking cars on the road descent into Lynton (Countisbury Hill) when I was a teenager (first holiday without parents). We got to the bottom and then pulled up in front of an OAP bus trip and proceeded to pour water over my stinking and newly blued rotors…yes its childish and not to be recommended but the clouds of steam were impressive 🙂

We later realised that we'd had the wind behind us all the way from Porlock, and had a real battle getting home, we went back through Brendon and Malmsmead before belting down Porlock Hill 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Non riding for me today(pics)’ is closed to new replies.