Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Non "Lycra" cycling trousers – for Women with hips
  • cr500dom
    Free Member

A strange Ask but my Google fu is failing me today.

My good lady wants to get back on her bike and be comfortable but does not want to look like a cyclist in Lycra if that makes sense.

She is a size 8/10 petite, but with hips

We found a Trouser on sale, nice style but the wrong size
    Bspoke “Richmond” (Needs a size 10 short leg)
    It appears this was a Fischer Outdoor company in conjunction with TFL

But I cant find them anywhere.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for decent, stylish womens clothing that is not too Bike and definitely not skinny hipster/prepubescent teen style and size ?

Thanks in advance
    Dom

lemonysam
    Free Member

My OH who’s definitely got hips used 3/4 length yoga pants for a long time until she started getting quicker and finding them a bit too flappy.

ton

mrs ton uses peter storm stretch softshell trousers, both in full length or crop version.
    loves em too.

binners

I bought the better half (who is very much in possession of hips) some Altura Ladies Ascent shorts and they’ve been great. In fact she takes the liner out and wears them as normal shorts

cinnamon_girl

Check out Ground Effect in NZ, Ranchsliders are good.

matt_outandabout

mrs_oab picked up some 3/4 from the likes of Roxy and Adidas from TK Maxx. She is 8/10 as well, but not hippy…She wears proper lycra padded shorts underneath.
    As you can see, they are ‘close’ but not tight lycra…

Callender Estates ride by matt_outandabout, on Flickr
    Our boys also wear nike and addidas trousers outside / biking – they are good quality, fit well and dry quick.

jaylaz73

Try Howies on the web, some nice bike specific but casual looking stuff

tomd
    Free Member

Mrs Tomd also couldn’t find something as you describe above. Then she discovered these:

http://www.millet.fr/en/products/spring-summer-2013/womens-shorts/lady-l-t-k-3-4-pant

Quite hard to get in the UK as Millet is a French company. Really nicely made, look good and although not cycling specific have a really active cut.

She will be buying a stock of them.

legolam
    Free Member

I have some Pearl Izumi 3/4 capri shorts that I bought in a sale a while back. The stretchy fabric is perfect over lycra shorts and they are loose but not flappy for the road bike. Plus, they seem indestructible and are very comfortable over hips.

cinnamon_girl

^ Currently reduced on SP site!

cr500dom
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, lots to go and look at now
    Cheers
    Dom

legolam
    Free Member

^ Currently reduced on SP site!

Really? Sweet! May have to get a second pair as mine are finally starting to fade a little after countless washes.

cr500dom
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

Currently reduced on SP site!

Checked, approved by Mrs Dom, ordered 😀

Thanks for the original recommendation and the Headsup on SP.

tomd – Member

Mrs Tomd also couldn’t find something as you describe above. Then she discovered these:

http://www.millet.fr/en/products/spring-summer-2013/womens-shorts/lady-l-t-k-3-4-pant

Quite hard to get in the UK as Millet is a French company. Really nicely made, look good and although not cycling specific have a really active cut.

She will be buying a stock of them.

Hi Tom,
    Milet stuff is great, I remember their snow gear is really nice.
    If you find anywhere over here selling it, keep me posted as they look like a good alternative.

I have also ordered a pair of the Bspoked trousers from TFL`s shop, so we will see if they have any stock to honour it ?

Thanks again for all the suggestions, Mrs Dom was really surprised at how many helpful responses there were

moniex
    Free Member

Lots of womens kona stuff on chainreaction at the moment. Pictures are rubbish, shorts and 3/4 length trousers are great fit and quality.

Simone

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Non "Lycra" cycling trousers – for Women with hips’ is closed to new replies.