Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Non iron shirts? anyone use them?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I HATE ironing shirts every **** sunday night – who uses non iron shirts and are they truly, non iron?

WHats good in long sleeves, tailored fit, and white?

thomthumb
    Free Member

use the wife?

MisterT

don’t think any or mine have iron in them.
    mostly use cotton.
    cotton don’t rust in the wash – so guess that’s a bonus.

grum
    Free Member

My approach was to get a job where I don’t ever have to wear vaguely smart clothing.

McHamish
    Free Member

Non-iron shirts only work if you dry them in a tumble drier and leave them hanging for a while – apparently.

If you don’t tumble dry them you’ll still need to iron them.

I have fancy cotton shirts which I don’t wear as they’re a pain in the a$$ to iron, the non-iron or easy-iron shirts are a lot easier.

I don’t have a tumble drier so don’t know if following the instructions would actually mean you don’t have to iron them at all.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Still need to iron them, just a little be easier to do.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I use M&S 100% cotton non-iron shorts – they are pretty good if you tumble dry them on their own on a hot setting and then hang them up – maybe not quite as crisp as an ironed shirt but good enough for the office

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

The ones I’ve had in the past were just much easier to iron. As said, in reality you had to tumble-dry for a bit to sort them otherwise.

Markie
    Free Member

I wore Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit non-iron shirts and thought them great – wash in washing machine, dry in dryer, hang up, wear!

You can choose the sleeve length and they had a nice fit on the body, I thought. Also v good about returns (as I know from when I mismeasured myself for trousers 😳 ).

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Ah no tumble drier

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep worked on some of the non iron fabric softeners a while back and they worked best tumble dried, best bet is to hang up on good hangers straight from the machine, M&S non irons are 80% fine after that!

Or find someone and pay them to do it

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use the CT slim fit non iron shirts. I catch them straight out of the washing machine while still warm and get them onto a wooden hanger. Not ironed them in over a year since new. Occasionally get comments about how crisp my shirts are. Any creases that might remain soon drop out as your body heat warms them up.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

How do they fair in panniers

Onzadog
    Free Member

No problem with mine but I make a point of folding them just before they go in. I also food them for the return rather than just stuffing them in and they’re also Hung up while waiting to wash. Don’t leave them balled up.

Hareydan
    Free Member

I have a couple of non iron shirts but find them to crease quite badly (line dried, no fancy tumble dryer for me!). I mainly have normal shirts and just hang them properly to dry. Barely done any ironing in the last 3 years 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

I only ever use non-iron shirts.

Cotton rich, mainly M&S although I picked up a lovely shirt (expensiveish – £65) from my local gents outfitters that’s non-iron too the other day. M&S do a “pricey” version non-iron that has a good feel. I odnt like double cuff heavy cotton shirts as a cyle in my work shirt and roll sleevs all day whilst I type – M&S are great for me, but its not going to win any prizes on Saville row, but then Im too married and boring to bother with how I look anymore 😉

I never iron my shirts.

I fold and roll into a saddle bag and hang them up when I can if Im staying in a hotel.

They “iron” on the body in about 15 minutes. No need to muck about.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got a next one, 100% cotton and non iron, think its got soem kind of teflon coating on it, doesn’t make me sweat either, like the goretex of the shirt world.

Takes literaly 30 seconds to put a crease in the arms, shoulders and cuffs.

RichT

CT non-irons here too. They are 4 for £100 at the moment on the website.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Buy a better iron.

elliot100
    Free Member

Another vote for CT non-iron. I’ve tried a few brands (inc TM Lewin) and they’re the only ones that are really good enough. I hang them straight from the washing machine.

mudshark
    Free Member

100% Polyester shirts don’t even need to be tumble dried; go on, you know you want to….

edhornby

jumper over them, win

neilnevill
    Free Member

Wife is an acronym you know,
    Washing, IRONING, F***ing, Etc

djglover
    Free Member

Cotton rich?? Has to be 100% cotton m&s ultimate non iron, now avaliable in slim fit! I haven’t ironed a work shirt in years. They are very good if hung out to dry straight.

sweepy
    Free Member

I bought a shirt once, when I found out I had to iron it I threw it away.
    I used our iron to wax my snowboard a few years ago, dont think the Mrs has even noticed yet.

simon_g

Yet another for CT non-iron, they’re ace.

White is the least forgiving for creases though – better to go with a pattern if it’ll be stuffed in a pannier.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m with sweepy – an iron is what you use to put wax on skis.

FuzzyWuzzy

I hate ironing shirts so much I get them dry-cleaned, but £8 a time makes my eyes water 🙁 Fortunately I only need to wear a shirt once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Stoner
    Free Member

£8 a time!??!

I used to get mine laundered, ironed and hung for £1 a shirt in London.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I got a load of non iron white double cuff shirts off ebay. I’ve had them for a while and they work as advertised I just hang them up damp and they are at least as good at the CT ones I used to use. Best bit is they were 12 quid each.

Wearing one now, fits well, looks decent – bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mens-EX-M-S-Cotton-NON-IRON-Double-Cuff-Shirt-NEW-/140524632502?pt=UK_Men_s_Formal_Shirts&var=&hash=item6672f98b12

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Non iron shirts? anyone use them?’ is closed to new replies.