Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Non flappy baggy shorts
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Yes that’s right in after some baggy shorts that are a bit less flappy.
    I’m on the shirt side of 5″5 so baggy shorts make me look like an umpa lumpa.
    I’ve always used endura singletrack and want to check sone other things out in the current sales.

Looking for something that sits on or just above the knee
    (No fixed insert)

Any recommendations

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

“Short”

Gary_M
    Free Member

Rapha touring shorts, love mine, reasonable price, hard wearing and very comfortable.

youngrob

Troy Lee Ace’s

nedrapier

wicker.

tang
    Free Member

Swrve do some. Kitsbow if you are feeling flush.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Holy smoke the price of those Kitsbow

joelm76
    Free Member

Royal MW 365’s are pretty good, slim cut, low key logo etc.

shredder
    Free Member

Endura MTR baggys slimish cut nice material stretchy.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

The mtr looks nice and price is pretty good, how do they differ from the singletrack?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

troy lee skyline

crush83
    Free Member

+1 Troy Lee Skyline

shredder
    Free Member

The MTRs are more of a stretchy softshell material. Ive had Singletracks before and the MTRs are more tailored and lighter feeling.
    Very pleased with them

PMK2060

Wiggle have some dhb ones which look slim fitting. I am tempted to buy a pair for the commute.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Troy Lees are velcro fly. I’d avoid them for that reason alone. Also, the lairy colours are great for the first ride but then they get muddy and it never comes out in a 30 wash. Just bought some Sombrios which seem fitted enough. Could have bought 2 for the price of the TLDs!

smiffkin

Surface make snugger fitting “baggies” with some stretch so you’re not strangled downstairs!

tinsy
    Free Member

Spesh Enduro, great quality pop in liner, & really light & comfy short.

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve got some Royal Racing which are very fitted and very light weight. Mine are a few years old but they look like the 365 shorts available now – my favouritest shorts over the top of bibs unless it’s really wet in which case the Endura MT500 with the waterproof butt get used.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Thanks to all, ill have a look around the lbs(s) to try some of the above suggestions out.

binners

Try these:

Sombrio Highline Epik shorts

On offer at CRC at the moment. Half the frankly ridiculous price. They’re not remotely flappy. Quite fitted. And the best shorts ever. A quality bit of kit!

larrystumbles
    Free Member

Picked up a pair of Scott Mind shorts from start fitness a few months ago… great cut and fit and non flappy to boot. Ruinously expensive at RRP but worth a look if can pick them up cheaply enough

BadlyWiredDog

Mavic Stratos – very nice, quite expensive. The Endura MTR shorts look quite similar, but their quality seems a tad hit and miss these days.

trail_rat
    Free Member

haglofs are pretty fitted HOWeVER are 110 quid !!!!!!

Northwind

Last year’s Royal MW365s- the ones with the blue detailing- sound like what you’re after, they’re relatively close fitting and a bit stretchier than most mtb baggies, lovely. Only downside is there’s only one pocket.

WillH

NZO Dobies or Ground Effect Supertankers are both quite slim fitting.

FuzzyWuzzy

The top of the range Spesh ones are quite closely cut

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I’m very impressed with my Endura MTRs. Light, nice stretch material (like board-shorts), good fit, don’t fall down. Basically, you completely forget you are wearing them. Highly recommended.

Frankers
    Free Member

bacondoublechee – Member
    I’m very impressed with my Endura MTRs. Light, nice stretch material (like board-shorts), good fit, don’t fall down. Basically, you completely forget you are wearing them. Highly recommended.

I would want to hear at least a year to two of use before I took any recommendation for Endura shorts seriously…. sorry 🙁

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Binners the highlines look sweet but crc don’t have my size.
    Only xs and xl left

andyrm
    Free Member

Royal MW365 – slightly slimmer cut, designed by Mark Weir after dismantling loads of pairs, great fabric and cheap at under £50.

maxray
    Free Member

I got some crane one’s from lidl, prefer them to my endura ones! Shows cost doesn’t have a bearing sometimes 🙂

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

After Trying some of the shorts out I finally got a pair of the Royal MW365’s.

I really liked the Endura MTR’s which had a really high quality finish and where really comfortable on, but the sizing was odd for me, the medium (33-35)fitted perfect on the waist but the length was far to long (I’m 5.5″), I guess if I could shave a few pounds the small may come up shorter.

samuri
    Free Member

Endura singletrack for me. I ride road in them all the time and despite assurances from people on here that they’ll slow me down, they don’t. So they must be quite unflappy.

allthepies
    Free Member

Spesh Enduro Baggies FTW.

samuri
    Free Member

I would want to hear at least a year to two of use before I took any recommendation for Endura shorts seriously…. sorry

My first pair of endura single tracks lasted over two years easy.
    That’s probably about 12000 miles. The arse wore out eventually. No problems other than that.

My second are only about a year old but are looking like they’ll last a similar amount if time.

sputnik
    Free Member

Samuri +1

Endura Singletrack shorts are nice tight fitting without being constrictive.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Non flappy baggy shorts’ is closed to new replies.