Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Non-dimmer round push on/off light switch – WHERE?
  • thepurist

I’ve tried Googling but guess my powers are weak.

I’m after a button type push on/off light switch that doesn’t do dimming – they’re for the MIL’s house to replace existing (dud) switches but they’re mounted so the switch sits behind a large floor to ceiling fascia panel so the replacements have to fit through the existing round holes.

Or can I modify a dimmer to whip out the dimming bit & leave the push on/off bit?

weeksy

my house currently…. in my boys bedroom…. on-off is all we get from it.

Nobby

Screwfix do push button light switches but the buttons are almost flush with the unit – would something like a toggle switch do?

bianchiboy
    Free Member

I bought what turned out to be a faulty chrome one from B&Q last week if that helps,does exactly what you want.

thepurist

Maybe I should take a tester into B&Q to see if I can find any others 😉

Toggle switches etc are a non started I’m afraid – FIL was an architect who designed & built the house so all the switches are a similar style and change would be too much to contemplate!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

rs components?

hooli

Can you not just fit a dimmer, set it for where you want it and then use the push part to turn it on and off?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Non-dimmer round push on/off light switch – WHERE?’ is closed to new replies.