Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Non Digital SLR's
  • kormoran
    Free Member

Me and Mdm K are clearing the loft and have dug out our old slr’s. Do they have any real value these days or shall I just stick them on gumtree? One’s an Me Super and the others an Eos888. I imagine the ‘authenticity’ might be popular with young bearded folk but beyond that I don’t know.

Ta

kerley
    Free Member

They don’t have massive value. Pentax will go for around £30, Canon even less.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pennies I’m afraid.

Cougar

What lenses with the EOS, out of interest?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Lenses might have value. Some DSLRs can work with older lenses and some people prefer them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d be interested in the ME-Super, mine died (think the battery ribbon went?).

Might even be interested in the Canon if it’s got lense(s) with it. I’m a sucker for collecting old film cameras.

kormoran
    Free Member

Looks like an ef38-76mm 1.45-5.6, Presumably a kit lens. It crossed my mind they might work on a modern camera

The pentax is a 28mm, a 50mm kit lens and a tamron 80-210 zoom

plyphon
    Free Member

The Canon EF mounting system has been around donkeys years, any modern DSLR that uses EF or EF-S lenses, they will fit.

(Notes, EF lenses on a EF-S camera will produce a crop factor due to the smaller sensor, but it’ll fit and work. EG a 50mm EF on a EF-S body will produce an 80mm photo.)

rossburton
    Free Member

The Canon lens is a http://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/ef323.html. Never seen a range like that though and yes it looks like a kit lens.

redmex
    Free Member

Well i love Pentax but i dont think there are many of us, i’m always interested in lens but i have so many and only really use two. It all depends on how they have been stored over the years as fungus not good
    My lens from the late 70’s work good manual focus with my k3

redmex
    Free Member

Where are you based kormoran ?

thenorthwind

I’ve been thinking about replacing my Minolta SLR with an ME Super so I can share the old K-mount lenses I use on my Pentax DSLR with my film SLR.

Coincidentally, I’ve just replied to your ad about the Ruffwear stuff, so drop me some pics of the ME Super and let me know how much you want for it, and you might be able to post them at the same time!

Unfortunately I think I have all those lenses. Might be interested in the Tamron though as it might be different and mine seems to be “non-operational” at the moment anyway.

Cougar

yes it looks like a kit lens.

A quick Google would suggest that it is. There’s a couple on the US ebay for $33.

oink1
    Free Member

Mum still has my old Zenith 11 😆 Russias finest 🙂

integerspin
    Free Member

Whats the Minolta thenorthwind?
    I started to collect SLRs. I didn’t set out to, I bought an OM1 for a
    fiver, then saw an OM2 for similar money and so on. Now I have something like 15. I have a few MEsupers, they seem to have a problem with a latch in the mirror mechanism, well both of mine did and I successfully freed them off and lubricated the offending bit.
    Almost all of the lenses I have have fungus.

twisty

Those Pentax lenses would all sell on eBay but not for a huge amount, unless the 28mm is the f2 that is an awesome lens that should be worth a few hundred £s.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Mum still has my old Zenith 11 Russias finest

My first camera, I remember paying it up every week and desperately wanting the sniper kit to go with it.

thenorthwind

Whats the Minolta thenorthwind?

X300. It was my first SLR and I’ve had it for about 7 years. Really like it but it would be nice to only have one set of lenses for film and digital cameras. Then again, a mirrorless camera might be in my future, so that might change everything.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Non Digital SLR's’ is closed to new replies.