Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Non-canine Pets Thread?
  • mightymule
    Free Member

Anyone?

I only ask because Basement Cat has looked at the dog pictures, made a disgusted sound, and is now glaring at me with a stare like a thermic lance…

Basement Cat – AKA Nails, the guitar snob

Aysgarth – Nice but dim. Named after the waterfall, because he dribbles.

And last, but not least, The Mighty Mule – AKA Sam 1982 – 2012

Tom-B
    Free Member

Roxy and Winston our two house rabbits.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

Rabbits FTW!

sweepy
    Free Member

Haggis, AKA the scabby tabby.

mightymule
    Free Member

Haggis – what an excellent name 😀

spooky_b329

Samson & Delilah.
    One of ours is a bit of a nutter, apparently the larger breeds are a bit more chilled out and don’t spend their time following you around the house/jumping over the sofa/sprinting up and down the stairs.

Chloe.
    Too expensive! Avoid 🙂

godzilla
    Free Member

^ Lilly

^ Eva

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Her are my daughters.

Luke the Cornsnake

Lottie the Cornsnake

These are from early last year, both are just about 3 1/2 feet so far.

Then there are the Preying Mantis’

We have had other Mantis and still do, just bnever loaded pics up to photobucket

Tom-B
    Free Member

Samson and Delilah are lovely-ours are both a bit nuts too!

househusband

I take it you don’t let the snakes and the insects hang out together, worldrallyteam..?

neninja
    Free Member

The kids have fish – 4 Danios, 4 Harlequins and 4 Lemon Tetras

godzilla
    Free Member

Her are my daughters

Luke & Lottie?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Untitled by jerrypc69, on Flickr

Frank …….

mightymule
    Free Member

I take it you don’t let the snakes and the insects hang out together, worldrallyteam..?

That would be a classic pet fail!

franksinatra

Got a house rabbit, working on Mrs S to let us get a proper pet (dog)

In the meantime, meet Snaggletooth.

20121224_181953 by cathrowp, on Flickr

He is not really a hat kind of rabbit but makes exceptions at Christmas

spooky_b329

Tom, they may look lovely but in reality, Delilah is quite grumpy, Sampson has typical bloke issues (spraying/humping) and both are prone to be quite ‘relaxed’ about whether they use the litter tray.

The charity we rehomed them from did some very expensive hormone testing which basically summed up that it was ‘learnt’ behaviour, and after it got to the point where I couldn’t move without getting a well aimed squirt, I upgraded them to an expensive home built hutch with a reptile heat mat in the ceiling of the sleeping bit, and they now reside in the shed. Behaviour improved instantly once they were out the house!

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Should have put ‘Here are my daughters pets’. We don’t do fluffy/furry pet shops . Insects and snakes kept well apart, insects kept apart as they would prey on each other, snakes live together.(both male despite then name Lottie, we bought as a female)

bradley
    Free Member

I’ve just fed my snakes and cant be arsed to get pictures of the fish otherwise I’d upload some for you all, lol.

footflaps
    stox
    Free Member

Joe

This thread is short of fish… So here’s one I used to own (really miss my tank) 🙁

chojin
    Free Member

Singlecrack – what make and model is your lizard?
    It looks awesome 8)

carlosg
    Free Member

Helmsley the slow worm , fell from the sky in front of us on a day out.

Jake Blue headed Conure 24,this year. we’ve had him from a chick.

Maria , old girl is knocking on now having already outlived her own daughter.

Tia , rescued from a home that didn’t love her.

sambob
    Free Member

Our boys, Bubble + Squeak. This photo never fails to make me smile.

They’ll happily sleep on/under the dog (Springer), which is always hilarious.

mrmo
    Free Member

another bubble and squeak pair.

Kevevs
    Free Member

when I lived in a shared house in Hackney there was a little mouse that used to hang out in my room every now and again. I called him Barry. Think he lived off biscuit crumbs. Used to hear him squeeking at night around my desk, probs having a feast on bits of doritos n digestives. Don’t have a pic, he was too **** fast!

sambob
    Free Member

We’ve got the same rug too MrMo, spooky.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Bobby. my assistant. working from home on the snow day the other week

yodagoat
    Free Member

Brian and Jake

Bath time. by yodagoat, on Flickr

Brian takes no shite.

354 by yodagoat, on Flickr

Jake likes bikes. The bike is my first bike I had as a nipper.

Yamaha BYZ by yodagoat, on Flickr

and we have Tink.

Tink Cat by yodagoat, on Flickr

Tink Cat by yodagoat, on Flickr

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

From left to right; Anastasia, Bomber, Darkstar (destroyer of socks) and Jacob

Starbuck

Mystique (sadly no longer with us)

franksinatra

Carlos, are you allowed to keep a slow worm. I thought they are a protected species?

john_drummer
    Free Member

yodagoat, do you think when Brian looks in the mirror, he sees this?

carlosg
    Free Member

you’re not allowed to trade in them unless they are 3rd generation or after theres no law regarding taking from the wild ,this one strictly speaking was rescued after being dropped by a bird so it was going to be dinner anyway.
    She was a baby when we took her in and not in the best of shape , at present the plan is to feed her up for release in the spring.She gets very little contact with us and is kept in a quiet area and left mainly to herself.

yunki
    Free Member

Bud and Kiddo.. Bearded Dragons..
    Lizards aren’t really my cup of tea if I’m honest but they were part of the package deal when Mrs yunki arrived..

Kiddo actually did something interesting for the first time in her life last year – after years of being a little boy she laid about 30 eggs.. they were lovely poached on a bit of toast

As you can clearly see in this photo I am reaching deep into a hole in the ground, possibly made by a mole..

Kato

This is Bob. He’s a Figure Eight Puffer Fish

5/365 – 05/01/13 by The Kato, on Flickr

LeeW

Gingi, adopted us around 8 years ago.

Steve, common garden snail who lived in an old fish tank next to the shed for 20 minutes.

Hadge
    Free Member

I won’t bother with all my spiders and I’ll just post pics of the snakes. Firstly my Green Tree Python

and my male Royal Python

roper
    Free Member

Hello Hadge I hope you are well. Your green tree python is looking great.

Here is my baby python, new member of my family

and some bugs

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m fine and nice to see some new T’s there too 🙂
    Do you know the sex of the Royal? My males at least 4 years old now and is a right old stocky fella. He’s bone idle and I feed him on an irregular basis as they can get fat and flabby if over-fed. I had a female years ago and she was stunning, so very very friendly and we let her roam round the house – supervised of course. Crouchie is a bit grumpy and does hiss every now and then but he had some treatments at the vets where he was having anti-biotic injections every 3 days so I think that pee’d him off. He doesn’t mind being handled but with having the dog now I don’t do it so much – don’t want him striking out when he smells the dog you see.

roper
    Free Member

I ave quite a few t’ s. lots of p.regalia as I kept quite as few from a successful mating. Great watching them interact together. I’m not sure on the sex of my royal, though my hunch is a male. He is very well behaved, docile but very interested in everything. Each time I enter the room he pokes his head out to have a look. I let him, carefully, roam around the spider room regularly and he seems to enjoy having a mooch about. Great little snake.
    Do you have any new ts?,

not sure if you have seen this but it’s quite a good story

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/01/23/spider-decoy/

yodagoat
    Free Member

Johndrummer – Brian would have that T Rex no probs. He ain’t scared of nothing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Non-canine Pets Thread?’ is closed to new replies.