Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Non-bib lycra shorts?
  • daleftw
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a good quality pair of non-bib lycra shorts to wear on the road bike?

Dhb are top of the list atm, but I have doubts over the quality after my bib-shorts fell apart after 13 months use.

captcaveman
    Free Member

I recently found it hard to get non-bib shorts as all the shops seem to be going for bibs now. I like the non-faff of plain shorts and being able to pee easier and never found they cut in
    I even found a pair in the ALDI bike sale recently which seem fine
    Used to love my Lusso also

brassneck

Giordana carbons – got some last year for £50 ish and they seem the equal of £100+ shorts. Warning. Italian fit – I’m pretty much Mr Average and was recommended an XXL by the fit guide.. did my ego no good but it was right!

GrahamS

Budget?

At the “cheaper” end of the market I’ve been getting on pretty well with my Endura fs260 bib shorts after I was a bit unimpressed at the dhb ones. Well made, “stylish”, and a nice thick comfy arse pad.

They do a non-bib version too, if bibs offend you for some odd reason. (Why? They’re great!)

matt_outandabout

Endura seem great here.

mrmo
    Free Member

Assos list shorts, Personnally i wouldn’t bother and just stick to bibs but if it is what you prefer.

daleftw
    Free Member

Needs must, bibs are out.

No real budget, just want something I know will last.

Re: Endura. It’s a brand I often overlook, but I’ve liked everything I’ve had from them. I have a pair of Hummvees (I think) that I’ve used for years. Will have a look what they offer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Non-bib lycra shorts?’ is closed to new replies.