Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nomad V4 vs capra
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Recently bought a capra, really liking it. I’ve ended up with (won’t bore anyone with the details) a brand new nomad V4 CC frame, i have all the bits to build it too.

Plan was just to sell on the nomad but temptation to keep it is strong.

Can’t work out which would be better….

Geometry, nomad gains 15mm in reach, is a little shorter in the seattube, on paper the nomad BB is lower, but reckon there’s not much in it once the bike is sagged (since the capra is so progressive in leverage rate).

Flip chip – on the capra i ride a little less sag on pedally/less gnar to steepen things, bit more sag when i want it lower and slacker.

The nomad has to be lighter right? vs an al capra.

Can put a bottle cage on the nomad.

Something that sold me on the capra is that the anti-squat isn’t too fierce, hence loads of pedal kick-back, with the capra i have the choice of smaller chainring with more anti-squat for pedalling or bigger chainring and more neutral suspension for uplift days, with the nomad you dont get the choice.

The nomad is going to be a little lighter, can have a bottle cage and may pedal a little better, is that a pretty good summary?

Anyone ridden both and came to the same conclusion? Anything special about the nomad V4 i’m missing?

Interested in the super deluxe shock with bearing eyelet, wildly better?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My guess is tgr V4 will simply descend better, the leverage ratio is uttetly sorted for gravity duties. Ill take a look at hee leverage numbera but Id be surprised ised if it pedals better.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

You’re in a position where you don’t need to ask the forum. You can build the Nomad up and compare them – then sell the “loser”.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My guess is tgr V4 will simply descend better, the leverage ratio is uttetly sorted for gravity duties. Ill take a look at hee leverage numbera but Id be surprised ised if it pedals better.

I bet the nomad pedals better.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Thinking as soon as I test I lose potential sale value on something which is no longer box fresh

leebaxter
    Free Member

If value is a metric.. Keep the capra. I doubt you could slip a fag paper between them performance wise. The capra wins only due to value.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nomad V4 vs capra’ is closed to new replies.