Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nomad pivot wear
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Are the new Nomads as hard on Pivots as they used to be? Anyone got any indication of approximately how long they last (obviously depending on usage and weather etc)?

munkyboy
    Free Member

i heard they where better, but you need to keep greasing the nipples, otherwise they fail faster than the old nomad, which from personal experience is PDQ

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmm thanks for the info. I might look at the Cove G-Spot too.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I got the first mark 2 Nomad into the country and have had it over 2 and a half years now. I replace all the bearings, but not the axles, in February as there was some signs of wear. The lower pivot bearings were absolutely fine and are now being kept as spares. The upper pivot bearings were ready for replacement but had been ridden for well over 2 years in all conditions in mainly the Peaks so I’m happy with that.

I did grease the lower pivot bearings reasonably regularly but it’s dead easy and the grease gun is supplied with the frame and it definitely kept those bearings spot on

Stu661
    Free Member

My mkII is just under two years old and has had two full sets of bearings. The good thing is if you send the links to Jungle or into the dealer you buy the bike from they will be changed for free. They come will a life time warranty on the bearings. The other thing is my bike eats rear shock bushings must have changed aleast four.

Still find it one of the best bikes going it needs looking after.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nomad pivot wear’ is closed to new replies.