• This topic has 96 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by devs.
Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Nomad frame cracked. Anyone ever had any luck with Jungle?
  • devs
    Free Member

Have you considered a carbon nomad as a replacement?

Yes. I would love one and haven’t entirely ruled it out but I keep coming back to the Jungle attitude. I would be unable to accept the same attitude if my ridden 15 times in 3 years carbon frame broke and all they would say to me was – it’s out of warranty we will not deal with you. Nicholai are winning so far but I would need to test one first.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I know you don’t like my links Dev but click this

Not too far from jungle, (6 miles) so you can through your frame at em while your up here. top blocks and have a fair few Nicolai’s in.

stumpy01

How about a Spesh Enduro as a replacement??

They dealt with an issue with my 2010 Stumpjumper FSR frame very quickly, and it was only a cosmetic problem; the lacquer was peeling from the frame after about 7 months ownership.
    My LBS said I could wait a few months for a 2011 frame as there were no more 2010 alu frames in stock or for £50 I could upgrade to the carbon version with Brain shock. So that’s what I did. Was back riding in under 2 weeks.

devs
    Free Member

stumpy01

I was going to get the Enduro when I bought the Nomad. Will deffo give them a look over and my LBS does them too so I’ll get a test ride.

walleater

My Mk1 Nomad (large….) has had a pretty hard life on teh North Shore under it’s previous owners (I just stroke it occasionally….) and shows no sign of the impacts mentioned in the MTBR thread quoted. Maybe the welder was having a good day.

devs
    Free Member

Stop the press! I may just have to become the world’s biggest SC fan again. Contact….wait out

Clink

Stop the press! I may just have to become the world’s biggest SC fan again. Contact….wait out

😯

mildred

Contact….wait out

Are you on drugs?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I had a quiet word with Rob Roskopp for him, there comes a point when someone whines so much you just want to shut them up. 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Send sitrep.

nmdbase
    Free Member

It’s second hand and well out of the warranty period, what do you expect 🙄

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

So what’s the sitrep?

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Whats the latest Devs?
    Alternative frames for your slender build :

Nicolai AM
    Alpine 160
    Patriot
    Transition Covert
    Intense Tracer 2

wwaswas

Ex-hire Nicolai’s seem like a similarly good buy…

frank4short
    Free Member

It’s perhaps worth noting that the well known about fault with this frame occurs as a direct result of repeatedly bottoming out the shock. So whilst the OP may have only used it sparingly he’s either canned it whilst he was using it or the previous owner had fairly thrashed it. Just because the frame was aesthetically in good condition does not it hadn’t been ridden hard.

But ignoring that I too am also intrigued to find out what the outcome has been.

adrianmurray
    Free Member

In the car which I bought second hand, the drivers floor mat has worn through in one spot after just 225,000miles of light use.

Should I contact the manufacturer and expect the latest model as a replacement?

devs
    Free Member

It would appear that I have been too critical of Jungle and SCUK. They sent me an email saying all that has been said before about original owners etc but then said that they prefer to see SC riders on their bikes rather than sitting around not riding. Sooooooo, they searched for a replacement front triangle for me, which has come from the USA. It’s not the same colour, it’s red but I’m getting it for crash replacement price. My stealth machine will now look like a funnel web but I’m quite liking the idea. I am publicly eating humble pie, and I don’t mind doing so. SC _do_ stand by their products and their support has been very helpful. I will now be encouraged to look their way when it is time for a new bike, I’m actually quite liking the thought of a tall boy!
    So it’s a massive thank you to SCUK and to the likes of adrianmurray above – “yer maw”

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Nomad frame cracked. Anyone ever had any luck with Jungle?’ is closed to new replies.