Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nomad Carbon shock…..
  • jskiffin
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m thinking about buying a nomad carbon, with the express intention of using the gear I have on my existing bike.

With a few minor changes, the headset for example my existing kit will/should fit. The only concern is the rear shock, I currently run a 200mm i2i RP23 BV kashima (which I don’t want to have to replace right now), the problem is the nomad needs 215mm.

So the question is can I (for now) use the 200mm, will it simple reduce the travel or will it have other effects that ain’t so favourable?

Thanks in advance folks.

John.

tomhoward

Does the nomad not come with a shock? Iirc you can use your old shock, but the bike will feel a bit slacker/sluggish.

jskiffin
    Free Member

Not on this occasion it’s just the frame.

jskiffin
    Free Member

When you say sluggish is that because the smaller size will change the angle the bike pivots?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’ll probably be too short, when bottomed out the rear wheel may well hit the frame causing a scuffed patch, or even worse the swingarm hit the frame trashing it completely the first time you go over a bump.

Even if it doesn’t it’ll probably feel crap as all those carefully designed linkages you’re paying a fortune for will be working in the wrong parts of the travel making it no better than a BSO from tesco designed on a fag packet.

VPP’s are picky with their shocks, even buying a s/h shock the right length will probably leave you with a poor performing bike, and a s/h shock tuned by TF/MOJO/LOCO is almost as much £££ as just buying a new one. Non-kashima, custom built shocks are £285, which compared to how crap it will likely be, is a bargain.

jskiffin
    Free Member

I thought it would be a bit of a problem!

Wrong time of the year to be chucking another £300-400 into the mix.

Are there any extensions on th market?

thewalker
    Free Member

hi I have a like new ctd top of the range shock came off a nomad with low friction bushes,and I mean days old,175.00 ono.if you looking for a cheap one

jskiffin
    Free Member

Thanks thewalker will need to see how the funds are, it’s a possiblity.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nomad Carbon shock…..’ is closed to new replies.