Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nokon gear cables?
  • lyons
    Free Member

Are they worth the extra money? I know they look really nice, but do they work better or last any longer than say XTR?

scruff
    Free Member

No, they go creaky and corrode unless you clean the outside of them regularly. Work well but no better than XTR and can eat your frame.

Friend has new Goretex ones and are superb.

AndyP
    Free Member

Hmm. Been running for just under 5 years. No corrosion, no creaking. Not really cleaned them other than running the usual bike cleaning rag over them when I do the rest of the bike, as I used to with plastic cable outers. No frame eating. Great bit of kit.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother – too much faff to get working right.

traildog
    Free Member

I have been told they have sorted out their corroding problems. I had them for a while and they are lightweight, look cool, keep the cable clean for a long time. However, my main problem with them was that there was no flex to the cable, so when the suspension compressed, the cables wouldn’t return with the suspension. I ended up swapping them for normal cables, concluding they were more faff than they were worth. I think they’d work well on the road bike, but I’m not putting them back on any of my mountain bikes.

lyons
    Free Member

I think i’ll just get some normal sealed cables… Any reccomendations?

richc
    Free Member

Alligator I-links are supposed to be much better than Nokons, weight less and have all the advantages of seal units.

Might be worth a look

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nokon gear cables?’ is closed to new replies.