Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nokon Cables – quick question
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Hi,

do they fit through cable guides easily or not? do they form a fully sealed connection of are there gaps like normal gear cables?

anyone have a pic handy?

ta

Ben

Frankers
    Free Member

They are not designed to be ran as a continuous outer more like a conventional system between stops, the inner cable runs through a plastic tube that is sealed from dirt

I tried them on my mates Shyte46 which is nearly continuous and it didn’t work at all.

I think they’re great btw and have been running them trouble free for several years, others think they’re rabbish

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Well they sorted out the ghost shifting on my YETI (actually, that’s mine linked to above!!) a treat!

More info on the system including some setup tips here – http://www.gravity-slaves.co.uk/?a=127

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

great – cheers chaps, much appreciated!

njee20
    Free Member

Alligator i-links are a whole lot better.

nicko74

Again a bit off the original topic, but I’ve found Gore RideOn cables (the ones with full liner) do fit through conventional stops. As with the Nokon ones, the idea is that the outer is reasonably conventional, while the inner is actually an inner with an inner lining. The only point I did have a little squeeze was getting it into the rear mech.

njee20
    Free Member

Nokons couldn’t have a less conventional outer!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nokon Cables – quick question’ is closed to new replies.