• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nokia Wireless Charging – Anyone have it?
  • dannybgoode

Hi all

Just took delivery of my new phone and have the opportunity to get the wireless charging back and plate thingy for a looky looky good price.

Does anyone have it, is it any good and is it worth it?

Cheers all

Danny B

andyfla
    Free Member

I have one, it was free, but it is excellent . I think Indiction charging is the future so if it is a good price, why not ?

jam-bo

You still have to plug the charging plate in somewhere right?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I don’t get it either, instead of just a lead, you have a plate on you table/desk etc.

Bit pointless if you ask me.

It also means that your phone case isn’t flat, so it spins if you try and text one handed with your phone on a hard surface.

Oh and then apparently it shortens the life of your battery

riderideride
    Free Member

Batt runs out often,have to use on lead changing while using

zilog6128

I don’t get it either, instead of just a lead, you have a plate on you table/desk etc.

I bet if you used one for a while though you wouldn’t want to go back to using a lead. Much like the idea of actually having to press a button to use an iPad seems like a return to the dark ages after you’ve had a Smart Cover. ( lol, my iPad automatically capitalised those two words!)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have a Nokia Lumia 820, as does MsD.
    She got the induction charger free with her contract, its a great bit of kit and pretty handy. We use it as a top up charger, walk in and drop phone on plate, pick up on way out 20 minutes later etc . Still use a cable charger overnight though.

Sidney
    Free Member

I have on built into a Nokia Lumia 920.

I think it is good. Have the feeling it doesn’t charge as fast as normal lead. I have one at work and home. I just get into work and pop it on the plate. I think the real benefit will be when it is no longer so niche and the wireless charging is built into furniture, cars etc so you will be doing it without thinking about it!

Sui
    Free Member

Perfect for the car I reckon (if you have Bluetooth as well), jump in, chuck the phone in centre console /armrest etc (with charge mat obviously) and of you go.

Sui
    Free Member

infact a colleague and I were thinking that there is probably money to be made here for office furniture- just think a completely wireless table that runs everything..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nokia Wireless Charging – Anyone have it?’ is closed to new replies.