Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nokia Smart Phone Users – Navigation
  • Bimbler
    Free Member

Not sure if this has been up before but Nokia are offering free navigation on your phone "For free. Forever."

Ovi Maps

Didn't realise that the web based Ovi Maps was so good either.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Google Maps is free as well. Used the Ovi maps for the first time and was well unimpressed by the integration with the built in GPS

Bimbler
    Free Member

Didn't realise that google maps did navigation too. I've just loaded the new maps application and it all seems very sweet and spangly* but then again I'm pretty much a n00b to these matters.

*(note to iPhone users – proabably not as spangly as the equivalent iPhone app)

cynic-al
    Free Member

I used OVI voice navigation once and as a freebie I thouut it was good (not used any proper ones).

Does Google do voice too?

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers fella i nearly paid for the voice guidance last year but never got round to it. glad i didnt now lol

the (as far as i can work out) google maps app doesnt give voice directions . tho if it does show me how 😉

takisawa2

Google maps works a treat. Being able to switch to the satellite view is good also. I used OVI but only till the voice trial ran out. Prefer Google maps now.

disco_stu
    Free Member

google maps needs to offer an offline mode but i guess with this competition from nokia they might consider it

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

been using nokia maps+nav for years, downloaded new ovi pc suite and it's a memory hungry monster so i've gone back to normal pc suite

Bimbler
    Free Member

been using nokia maps+nav for years, downloaded new ovi pc suite and it's a memory hungry monster so i've gone back to normal pc suite

Blimey you're not wrong. I knew it wasn't going to be a slim tidy piece of software when I downloaded it – 92Mb file. I've got it running currently and with my phone plugged in Nokia is using about 120Mb

Bimbler
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nokia Smart Phone Users – Navigation’ is closed to new replies.