Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nokia phone recommendation?
  • uwe-r
    Free Member

The mrs is due a new phone and has always used Nokia. Her last one was not great and they seem to be on the slide.

Anyone have one of the current smart phones from Nokia and would you recommend it or is it time to change?

Thanks

cloudnine
    Free Member

Think they peaked with the 5210. Get a Samsung s2 or s3 or HTC.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anything but Nokia. I had them for years but the prospect of a windows phone sounds like bad news.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    retro83
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member
    Think they peaked with the 5210.

🙄

8210 actually

Raindog
    Free Member

I had Nokia phones for years but after the last one (X6) I won’t have another. I use a Samsung Galaxy Ace now and love it.

poppydiamond
    Free Member

I’ve got the nokia 500, with belle software. I knew of a few naysayers before I bought it but wanted a smartphone that wasn’t too bells and whistles-tastic. So far I’m very impressed. Great for internet and music stuff. It freezes very occasionally but not a big issue. Would recommend.

fisha
    Free Member

I have a Nokia lumia 800 windows one at the moment. I bought it as a stop gap coming from an android one till my contract runs out and I may go back to an iPhone. .

The windows phone software is good, but it still feels like its just not quite as mature as the like of iPhone and latest android. Just little things which you find saying ” I used to be able to do this on my old one” . Battery life better than average I found.

The phone itself is great, really really nice phone, easily the nicest phone to hold of anything I’ve had over the years … But I think windows phone let’s it down slightly.

My time with windows seems to haveme thing that I’ll not be staying … Wich rules out any other nokias at the moment.

wors

I have the lumia 800 and things it’s pretty good to be honest.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

I have an N8 and really like it. I put custom firmware one it (which leaves out most of the junk!) runs really well. My wife has a Lumia 800 and that is so fast it’s unreal! Slick, fast and lovely hardware. The only letdown is no bluetooth sharing which is a shame, but may come back with WP8 (not on the 800 though)

She will find a massive difference between even Symbian Belle and Windows. WP phones are a lot more iphoney in that you can’t access the OS very much (not a bad thing i suppose) My wife loves her Lumia. Got to admit, i’d like one too (though i’d love an N9 meego-i may wait for the new jollamobile and see what they can do)

hora
    Free Member

I used to love Nokia. Upgraded to a N8. It lasted one week.

Awful. I cant see Nokia as a standalone company for much longer

Pieface

I really like the Lumia 900, is it possible to get Android on it?

muckytee
    Free Member

I have an N8, recieved a new battery been though various software upgrades still crap. Think of it like having all the disadvantages of a smart phone without any of the advantages.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

The lumia’s are IMHO opinion the pick of the current smartphone hardware, as for the software I guess it must be a personal thing because I prefer my win phone to my work iPhone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nokia phone recommendation?’ is closed to new replies.