Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Nokia N97 or Palm Pre or Someothersmartphone?
  • brakes
    Free Member

after 3 years of abstinence from the world of top-end mobile technology, I want (not need) one of the many new smart phones that will be relased this summer

anyone have any opinions on any of them? leaning towards a Nokia N97 as I’ve always liked Nokias and they will be available sooner rather than later, but the Palm Pre looks pretty special and I like the idea of being the saviour of an ailing brand

(I imagine my decision will be based largely on tarrif and availability as these types of phones seem to be on ‘exclusive’ provider deals)

druidh
    Free Member

Depends how “smart you want it to be. I’m using a N78 at the moment, but fancy the N79 Active

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I want an E75, but am going to settle it seems for a 3600 slide…
    really do like that pre though. yes please

brakes
    Free Member

I want it to be as smart as possible really, given that I’m likely to have to keep it for two years and don’t want it to be obsolete in 6 months
    (maybe I’m just being a sucker for the hype)

psychle
    Free Member

HTC magic looks nice…

cynic-al
    Free Member

No new phone is going to be obselete in 6 months.

Pugz
    Free Member

I’d hold out for 9th of June apple rumored to bring out new iphone thta what I’m waiting for

4ndyB
    Free Member

Nokia E71

DrJ

Just AAMOI – what is special about the Palm Pre ?

psychle
    Free Member

It’s a Linux based mobile and looks gorgeous? 😀 Might wait for one myself, though I am tempted by the Magic…

brakes
    Free Member

the Pre looks v. nice (from the pics/vids) and has new operating system and user interface which the tech websites seem to like too, although some of the reviews say that it has a few glitches/bugs which they hope will get straightened out pretty quickly

J0N
    Free Member

I’m also waiting for the ‘new’ iphone announcement next week. All phones seem to be very good these days. Pre, Tocco HD, N97, SE Aino & Satio. However Apple will always have the most peripheral support and far more apps being written for it. I also suspect it still has the best UI.

brakes
    Free Member

I think the Pre and iPhone 3 are being unveiled today aren’t they?

brakes
    Free Member

ok, Pre was released in US today, iPhone possibly on Monday

CountZero

There are a few people already saying that the Pre has a pretty good UI, but obviously it doesn’t have an App Store to get stuff from, although it will sync with iTunes, and it shows up as an iPod, although how long Apple will allow that to go on for is anyone’s guess, as that infringes aspects of the USB standard, apparently. It does have a magnetometer to give digital compass functionality, but the next-gen iPhone will have that, along with video and a 32Gb ‘drive, and possibly a front-facing camera for video/iChat use. We’ll see come Monday.

Gowrie
    Free Member

Having just smashed my Blackberry (by mistake, I hasten to add) I too am looking for a smart phone – possibly android based. Currently I have come across the G1 and the Magic – does anyone know of any others available in the UK? The Samsung Galaxy i7500 has been announced, does anyone know when it might be available in the UK and on what network?

Colin

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m using E71 and if the camera was better it’d be pretty much perfect. Nokia for me anytime.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Another vote for the E71. Best phone since the old 6310s

lister-hooded
    Free Member

another with an E 71 here,

not much more I could ask for , ( free would be good ) but £20 a month with 3 covers all my needs.
    Unlimited Internet,
    200 mins cross network,
    unlimited text.

dave_aber
    Free Member

Aye, E71 here as well. Camera’s poor, rest is near-perfect.

trail_rat
    Free Member

e71..camera isnt all that bad tbh for a phone cam … its never gonna be “great” but it take all i need it to take and is fine for web work. Any phone with a cam ive had before just takes a blurry mess and calls it a photo …

2 e71s in the house both impressed with them

trail_rat
    Free Member

also unles HTC have changed they dont last long before falling apart. Ive had a few of the o2 XDA range in recent years , mini S and mini. Very plasticy and cheap. Microphones failed twice and the aerial went in the last mini and the mini S joystick Key broke twice. Went back to a 3310 for a year till i had a shot of a mates e71 and fell in love with how usable it all was.

thats off the e71

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Nokia N97 or Palm Pre or Someothersmartphone?’ is closed to new replies.