Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nokia Lumia deal from 3 is it a good un
  • trout
    Free Member

Just had a call from 3 offering me a deal for a Nokia Lumia
    not sure which number but the price seemed good

£12 a month inc vat
    1000 texts 100 minutes and all you can eat internet .
    24 month contract
    and a £30 credit thrown in all with no delivery charge

What do the STW collective think

Teifiterror
    Free Member

After the hell I have been through trying to cancel a three mobile broadband contract for my Gran I wouldn’t go anywhere near them ever again! They harassed here with phonecalls, were rude and they threatened legal action for unpaid bills after it had been cancelled.

Bregante

Similar experience with three here I’m afraid. I cancelled my contract after two miserable years of non-service. They claimed i had deliberately damaged a phone to get a new one and after I finally escaped their clutches I was harassed with phone calls and had umpteen “pay up before we get the bailiffs on you” letters sent to my home for alleged unpaid bills long after I’d cancelled.

Useless.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Win Phone 7.5 Much better than Expected. 3 much worse than expected.

nbt

windows phone 8 coming out soon hence the 7.5 phones (not upgradeable) going cheap everywhere

trout
    Free Member

Thanks
    I am with 3 at the moment contract up in march 2013 and was thinking of changing then
    yes it was the win 7.5 so I guess I will leave it

bentudder

I’ve seen the Lumia 810 around for £7 a month recently.

We have these as work phones (Disclaimer – I do a bit of work for both Nokia and Microsoft) and for that money, they’re more than a steal. Not upgradable to WinPhone 8, hence the price drop, I imagine.

Shop around – don’t take the first deal you’re offered. As a 3 customer who just had his contract payment increased for no good reason (There is a clause in there, apparently) I’m not going to renew with them again. My suggestion? Get a good handset by paying upfront and a 30 day contract, then switch operator if you don’t get good service. I’ve left Orange in the past because the cell in my area failed and they couldn’t fix it within a week.

[EDIT] Troutie – it’s still a good handset, even if you can’t upgrade. The 920 has a seriously good camera, by the way.[EDIT]

simon_g

I picked up a Lumia 800 sim-free (unlocked) for £150 from Tesco recently. As said, this generation are being dumped quickly because the new WP8 devices are due very soon – there’s an event/unveiling tonight apparently. WP8 will be a new platform, with new apps, etc so this one is a bit of a dead-end.

Still, if it’s cheap enough and the tariff is OK for you then it’s not a bad setup.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

The Camera on the Lumia 800 is no slouch either.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Ive never had a issue with three tbh, they have bent over backwards, i had poor signal ,tried the signal boost text, update on off etc, no avail, they sent a new sim card next day, didnt work, then day after a brand new handset with £25 off my next bill, iv had good service in the 4 years id bin with them, voda are terrible i took them to court as they resold my returned phone and i ended up getting the new customers bls!!!! 02 kept dropping signal and texts never went through and poor tarrifs, i use on average 6gb data pm on my phone so three is the only network that can cater for my needs, theyve also just booked me my new iphone 5 and knocked me £9 pm off my current monthly bill, lumina range ok i had one as a courtesy phone good for everyday use imo

bentudder

WP8 launch is taking place about nowish, actually. Nokia Camera Extras from the App Store gets you a few handy bits and bobs too – the panorama tool is rather good.

nano
    Free Member

Most reliable 3G signal out there..

Nokia Lumia 800 is a great handset but those minutes look a bit stingy.. OK if you don’t make many calls I guess 🙂

Sidney
    Free Member

Bent Udder, sure you don’t mean 800?

mickyfinn, are you sure about the camera? I think it’s awful compared to the N8 it replaced. Granted that was 12MP but most of my shots are really dark and the flash is useless. Having said that I still rate the phone highly!

OP – someone on the classifieds had some 800 sim free for sale in the awesome cyan for £150.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nokia Lumia deal from 3 is it a good un’ is closed to new replies.