Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nokia Lumia 800. Lost an app from my start page..can I get it back?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

I tried to unpin my Local scout app from my start screen, but instead of just moving it, it seems to have disappeared completely. Is there any way to get it back?

fd3chris
    Free Member

Go to your list of apps using the arrow pointing right at the top of your home screen then hold down on that particular app and it will give you the option to re-pin it .

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is it on the list of apps on the ‘main menu’ when you flick right? If so just click and hold and it will allow you to pin to start.

If not just go back to the market and reinstall

dingabell
    Free Member

It’s not on my second menu screen and when I try to find it in the Marketplace to reinstall it, it’s not coming up with anything. It seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Sorry.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Was it just a link to their web page or a document?

If not what was the app name?

dingabell
    Free Member

It was a proper app called Local Scout which may have been a Nokia one but I’m not sure. It’s my first time using the phone and it was installed on it when I switched it on for the first time. It found your location then showed you all the shops/restaurants/places of interest in the area. I’ve browsed through the Nokia apps menu in the Marketplace and the normal apps and come up blank.

dingabell
    Free Member

If there’s another free app that does the same thing that anyone knows about, I’d happily install that instead.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Nokia city lens does that job, works with the camera. I have it on the 820 model.

IA

Pretty sure local Scout is part of the maps app, pin it from in there IIRC?

dingabell
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. It was part of the Maps App even though it was in a different “window”. Sorry for being such an idiot.

slimraybob
    Free Member

As ‘IA’ said its in maps.
    Edit sorry too slow

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nokia Lumia 800. Lost an app from my start page..can I get it back?’ is closed to new replies.