Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nokia – Comes With Music – RANT ! (sorry – long post)
  • ski
    Free Member

Mrs two weeks ago got a phone upgrade (Nokia 5800) that came with the "Comes With Music" download as much music as you want option for the length of your contract.

Installed the Nokia software on her laptop at home and everything seemed fine and dandy, she managed to download some albums, no problems.

Then a week ago, she calls me over, the software wants to update itself, me being "if its not broke don't try and fix it" mentality, click on the option not to install and the software closes down!

OK Nokia, I get it, update the software or otherwise we will not let you use it! So we install the update.

Now the fun starts, the new software is now bundled with Nokia OVI or whatever its called, so we go to download some more tracks, go to login, nothing, ok, I will try and use the activation code again, so click on that link….nothing!

Arrrr!

So we call Nokia's helpline, apparently we need to do a clean install, but that's not easy as the Nokia software has loads of hidden files everywhere apparently.

So after following a list instructions over the phone on how to get this darn software off our pc, we go for the fresh install and yes you guest it, still no joy.

Nokia's helpline now decide its best for us to format the WHOLE DRIVE! and reinstall the OS! OK I say, so go about backing up everything and nuking everything, then doing a clean install of XP and the Nokia OVI software.

Well, did it fix the problem?

No…

Does Nokia have any other bright ideas?

Well, they are going to come back to me on that one, apparently!

Had a quick look online and I am not the only one, so if anyone here has any bright ideas, or been down this road, please, please drop me an email, there will be a beer in it for you 😉

Thats all…

rs
    Free Member

How's the phone was thinking about getting one but not fussed about the music downloads.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Uninstall it, download azureus and use torrent sites for your free music downloads. Probably much easier

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ski
    Free Member

Camera picture quality is pants, touch screen feels a bit crude compared to my brothers iphone. I am not saying its bad, but just not as nice to use.

Built in speaker sound quality is good though.

Apart from that its ok, I guess?

ski
    Free Member

59 times the pain – Member

Uninstall it, download azureus and use torrent sites for your free music downloads. Probably much easier

lol – did cross my mind 😉

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

mine is ok… well it was until it broke…

phone pics are ok (although i've not much to compare it to), loading music was a bit of a pain, but i used the music a lot on it. the speakers were actually pretty good for such small units, imo. touch screen was fine for me (altough i've never used iphone etc). the internet browser seemed reasonable too (although again, nothing to compare it to)

my problem is/was that it one day decided not to switch on properly. carephonewarehouse (who have been EXCELLENT throughout this) suggested that i back up the phone and install the new firmware (or whatever it is). however, as i cannot turn the thing on, the computer won't recognise the phone.
    carphonewarehouse have given me a stand-by phone and directed me to a nokia repair place, who had no real idea why it stopped working. i've got my memory and sim cards, but anything which wasn't saved on them (my contacts…) have all been lost, and its still not back from the repair shop.
    i've asked for an upgrade to an iphone (as orange now offer it), but i'm still not far enough into my contract for a free upgrade.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nokia – Comes With Music – RANT ! (sorry – long post)’ is closed to new replies.