• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Robz.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Noisy Neighbours…..
  • LMT
    Free Member

I live in a 3rd floor flat been here 5 years, been nice and peaceful for all these years. 4 flats on each floor, next door 3 kids and 3 dogs, opposite 2 kids and the fourth has been empty for a while but now a young couple and there first born has moved in.

The kids opposite polite and quiet as you can get would never know they are there, tbh I get on well with the neighbours we take parcels in for each other etc..

The kids next door, were ok until recently, the outer landing area which according to council rules I can’t store a bike, or bin bag or basically leave anything. If my tv or stereo can be heard out there then its classed as anti-social behaviour as it will disturb the neighbours, you get the idea.

Well the kids have decided its fun to play football out on the landing, bounce the ball off the doors, smash the glass in the connecting door, shout scream etc… ive spoke to the parents they apologized but it goes on and on and now the other neighbours kids have joined in.

When they first moved in the dogs used to bark all day and night, this wasn’t a problem as I couldn’t hear them, but the one neighbour downstairs complained over and over, and now the dogs are quiet but only because the council threatened to evict so during the day the dogs go to one of there friends.

So I’ve logged the times and events, recorded the noise etc, called the councils community housing to log a complaint, they have said they can’t do anything as its just kids playing, even though I can’t do any of the above mentioned things.

What next?? or just move out, im working nights this week was supposed to be asleep, but can’t due to the noise.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Best bet is to

1. explain you are on nights and ask them to stop for that week

2. move out

Seems odd they can play football there and break things

FWIW i have kids and the amount of noise they make playing annoys me never mind a neighbour.

djglover
    Free Member

Polite request 2 or 3 times, then threaten to go nuclear. We had noisy neighbours http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/neighbour-noise
    And after a couple of polite requests, then one attempt to stop a party I threatened to go nuclear – i.e. to the LA. They have sold there house now and are moving in a couple of weeks.

cranberry
    Free Member

What time do you get home when on nights ?

It might be a nice time to start playing football. 😉

LMT
    Free Member

Well I was thinking of playing call of duty full wack, surround sound in the spare room 6-10 everynight.

Saying that one of the other neighbours must of complained as the council have called, they treat it as light anti social behaviour and a breach of the tenancy, so a small result as more than one neighbour has complained they will do something about it now.

Must remember to post all parcels to a different address.

Klunk
    Free Member

what does your tenancy agreement say ? there will be a clause on anti social behaviour and pound to a penny it will mention ball games. The trouble is if you force the issue with the council your neighbours will hate you and know how to “push your buttons”.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Buy headphones or buy ear plugs.

Threaten to kill the kids?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Some people really don’t gaf! If that were my kids I’d properly rag their asses. One of my pet hates is kids who don’t behave something like reasonably.

jambourgie
    Free Member

If that were my kids I’d properly rag their asses.

I bet you’d not let them have any pudding while you were doing it either.

*phones police*

dannybgoode

Difficult when kids are the source of the noise. My neighbour has complained about babybgoode (none my neighbour is an arse of the first order but that’s for another post).

I called the environmental health team and explained I didn’t particularly want to be up at 6 in the morning either but short of physically restraining him there was only so much I could do.

He agreed and explained it was all down to what was reasonable. partying isn’t, kids playing is.

I do sympathise though – I’d be backed off too with your particular situation

cbike
    Free Member

Tell the kids off, be reasonable but firm. Or ask if they want to see some puppies.

Sandwich

You will need:
    A shovel or spade
    Quicklime
    A roll of old carpet
    Duct Tape
    A vehicle with a boot of a suitable size
    A home made clamp/taser

Taser noise generators.
    Bind and gag same with tape & roll up in old carpet
    Place roll of carpet in vehicle
    Drive vehicle to woods some distance from home
    Ensure noise generators are dead (apply shovel to head or re-apply taser until they stop moving).
    Dig large hole.
    Place bodies back on carpet and apply quicklime marinade
    Bury rolled up carpet
    Return home and sleep soundly.

From the BOFH handbook of annoyance resolution practices.

rene59
    Free Member

Or ask if they want to see some puppies.

This is the answer. Start a rumour you are a peodo, their parents will keep them out of your sight and way then.

Robz
    Free Member

You shouldn’t be allowed to live in a flat if you have children. Especially an upper floor flat.

The noise children make playing isn’t reasonable if it destroys the peace and quiet of others in their own home constantly.

I had to sell a flat after only living in it for four months due to the noise of children running jumping, dropping toys and bouncing balls overhead. Complaining to the parents achieved nothing.

I would never inflict that kind of noise on others.

One if my friends is currently suffering with the same problem. Family of five crammed into an upper floor two bed flat directly above him because it’s in a good school catchment area. I can’t go round there after my previous experience. Stresses me out too much. The noise of a child running overhead on a wooden floor literally makes my heart rate jump about 50bpm.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Noisy Neighbours…..’ is closed to new replies.