Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Noisy neigbours
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Hi

Over the past week my neighbours have been playing loud music late at night and into the early morning. I can handle this the odd time but last night the music woke me up at 3am and hasn’t stopped since. I think my bedroom shares a wall with the room where the music is coming from which doesnt help the situation.

I decided not to go round last night as I wasnt in the best of moods but im about to go round now and have a word with them – is this a good idea? I’ve never spoken to them before so not sure what to expect.

Any advice appreciated,

Matt

theboatman
    Free Member
    Spongebob
    Free Member

Be polite!

Tell them you expect noise after 11pm to stop immediately.

Keep a record of all the disturbances.

If they ignore you, send them a letter detailing your previous conversation and listing the times they disturbed you and tell them that you will pass this letter to your local envirnmental health officer if the noise continues.

If they ignore this call envionmental health.

Good luck!

MRanger156
    Free Member

Went round and the guy was very apologetic and nice. Hopefully all sorted now – fingers crossed!!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Good! He may not have realised the noise was travelling. It always pays to try and amicably resolve neighbourly issues. I hope that’s the end of it, but make sure you write it all down, just in case.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Noisy neigbours’ is closed to new replies.