Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Noisy ccdba
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Just got a secon hand ccdb air off ebay. Its making a horrible scraping noise and air comes out the valve on compression. What a nightmare! Sounds totally f**ked!

konanige

Try unscrewing valve all the way out, clean and then screw back in, its only similar to a tyre valve , could just be that previous owner accidentally unscrewed it when deflating for posting,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Has it been serviced? Factor that into any second hand shock purchase

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Ask for a refund. If you paid with pay pal your well covered as a buyer. Be sure to send it back using a signed for service.
    Fwiw I have one fitted to my bike and it’s been very good

jakehinton
    Free Member

Its actually leaking air and oil out of a pinched seal by the look of it. Guy i bought it off has refunded me £105 to get it serviced by TF so hopefully it will be good as new when thats done. Fingers crossed theres nothing major wrong with it!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Im not sure how much you paid for it but Planet X were knocking them out at £250 the other day so if it was more than that I’d go for full refund and get a warranty if they have your size…

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/RSCCDBAIR/cane-creek-double-barrel-air-rear-shock

jakehinton
    Free Member

Yeah i saw that the other day but thought they were all gone. The size i need was 299 as well so bit more, still very good price though. Got mine for £177, if the service sorts it out ill consider it a bargain!

jakehinton
    Free Member

Well its proper ****. Tf are sending it back (in pieces) for me to return. Balls.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Noisy ccdba’ is closed to new replies.