Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Noisiest Brakes known to man and leaking Rebas
  • ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Right…

I have been trying to resolve a problem on my Rocklobster with the brakes, they are incredibly noisy, squealing. I think its due to contamination so have replaced the pads twice and cleaned the rotors.

Its still the same, I think its due to my Rebas leaking oil from the poploc (not sure how its contaminated the back brake though)

So, If I replace the pads again, will cleaning the rotors be enough ? Might they also need replacing ? Whats the best way to clean them ?

How hard is a DIY service on the Rebas ? What would I need ?

richmtb

Clean you rotor with Isopropyl alcohol or disc brake cleaner. Wipe it with some paper towel, repeat until the paper towel doesn't get dirty, you now have clean rotors

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Do you think a service would stop the leaking ? Is it known problem ?

I'd have to get a shock pump etc, Anyone know of someone who can do this for me ? Berkshire way…

For disc brake cleaner, LBS ?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The leaking from the poploc is a known issue, TFTuned can sort it but it will cost.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Funds are limited, new baby and a new bike mean I cant really push to a TFT service, in the region of £70 I think….

LoCo
    Free Member

rob mail me a deal on fixing the forks. just had a baby myself so feel your pain

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Noisiest Brakes known to man and leaking Rebas’ is closed to new replies.