Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Noise cancelling over ear headphones ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

help me select, thanks.

what should be on my shortlist to demo ?

toys19
    Free Member

I tested these goldrings back to back with the Bose ones on my regular domestic flights and could find little difference. These are 70 quid. Even on a noisy Dash-8 you can still hear everything, and they help me sleep on the plane too.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/all-headphones/goldring/ns1000-expedition/gold-ns1000-exp

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bose or Denon. Have the former, had the latter. Denon had marginally better sound, imho, but the Bose are a neater overall package. Crucially, if for travel, they feel more robust.

the_lecht_rocks

quiet comfort 25 ?

Caher

Heard good things about the 7dayshop AERO 7 – currently half price on Amazon.

Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of QC25s for a week now. They’re lovely, although i have nothing to compare them to. They sound much better than my old Bose over-ears.

the_lecht_rocks
    giantonagiant

I would echo what CFH said.

I bought the Denons. They were great, good fit, sounds, battery life (AA), but didn’t like being knocked about too much. I was travelling a lot with work and they were great for planes, trains, etc…but eventually the plastic cracked on the folding joints and they had more tape on them than owt else.

Got a set of Bose (the ones that take AAs….they last for ages – much more than Bose suggest they should) and am really pleased with them. More robust and the folding mechanism is much simpler and therefore less to go wrong.

In short….Bose will cost you, but they a bloody good.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I splashed out on some Bose QC15’s over ears. Flew to Goa & forgot I was wearing them.
    Good sound & very very comfy.

onandon
    Free Member

Ultimate ears ue6000 good noise cancelling but a fantastic sound.
    I paid £200 but they are now available for around £50

CountZero

Shure SE215 in-ear with triple flange eartips every time. No fannying around with batteries, no big bulky objects that have to go into a bag, just neat little ‘phones that go into a pocket case, and have 26dB attenuation.
    I use mine running a folding machine that runs at 94dB, and I can listen to music at a nice reasonable level.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Shure 425’s here but I use the foam tips that you scrunch up and stuff in allowing to expand in ear. They pretty much block out everything, sound amazing and I wear them for work, hours at a time without discomfort.

Again, no fancying around with batteries, massive cups on your head. Etc

Tried Parrot Zik’s a couple of years back, heavy, didn’t sound that good, batteries were a pain because you couldn’t just buy some AA’ and go, made your ears sweaty. I never knew ears could sweat until I bought them. They also made you look a bit “special” in a bad way.

tonyg2003

Tried lots and have some Panasonic ones £70 which are excellent. Sound as good / cancel as good as Bose.

Sundayjumper

I bit the bullet and bought a pair of Bose QC15 a few years back when we were going to Australia. Very pleased with them. Comfortable enough to wear for 12 hours straight, which I never found with on-ear or in-ear headphones.

RustyNissanPrairie

in ear sound cancelling cheapo things from Amazon with a pair of standard industrial ear defenders over the top. Slept most of way to Oz and back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Noise cancelling over ear headphones ?’ is closed to new replies.