Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Noel Gallaghers new song
  • scoob67
    Free Member

Also getting Hold Tight / Dave Dee Dozy etc at the start. You can’t unhear this.
    One mans meat and all that, County.

scoob67
    Free Member

Oops, must apologise for spelling your name wrong. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

its definitely worth 40 minutes of your time to have a listen.

😆 maybe if no-one else had released any music this month. Or this year. Or ever actually.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Any music that requires you to put your thumbs in your belt loops to dance to it should be banned.

scratch
    Free Member

I’d bet David Holmes put 90% of that track together, sounds a bit SFA to me in places to,

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VUV6bqP7iw[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Why hasn’t anyone posted the vid so we can properly interrogate every nuance?

[video]https://youtu.be/BIQdUJ04iNY[/video]

Personally I think it’s a Ricky Martin “She Bangs” rip off with a 70’s Slade overtone. Ideal for a certain type of person. Ricky looks good in a tan Noels without a tan, but then I can’t really see Noel going out in daylight .. Still can’t believe he’s made it sound so 70’s..

Ha! My mate just said it sound like this 😆
    [video]https://youtu.be/EQfidTOTsLo[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers bikebouy, I really couldn’t imagine it as being that bad. He already did the glam rock rip-offs with Oasis, so I just don’t see the point. Very jolly and cheesy though, I’ll give it that.

MSP

Sounds like he’s been on a 25 year musical odyssey from the late 60’s to the early 70’s.

CountZero

At the end of the review in Uncut:
    “But to still be making records that sound a bit like other records after all this experimentation suggests he’s gone an awfully long way around the houses simply to end up exactly where he started.”

kormoran
    Free Member

I’ve been working from home all week and listening to 6. It’s on all the time.

I’m no music journo but it really is utter crap.

It actually makes me cringe, it’s like an ignorant football chant with an embarrassing tin whistle twiddle thrown in for added ‘nail down a blackboard’ charm.

I’ve no doubt people will buy it in their droves. By people I mean the sort who throw beer at gigs, obviously.

DezB
    Free Member

See, it’s perfect for 6Music – new music that sounds like old music.

teasel
    Free Member

Just to weigh in – Noel Gallagher’s The Importance Of Being Idle is a very well written piece – filled with musical cliches but still superb.

I’m an idle git so, y’know…it’s important.

8)

senorj

“influenced” by the glitter band and Ricky Martin .
    Psychedelic pop .hahaha.

DezB
    Free Member

Wow – this record (I think that’s what the kids call it these days) is really getting the hard sell! Caught a bit of some cooking prog on Channel 4 this morning and it was played before and after the adverts!

MrOvershoot

DezB – Member

Wow – this record (I think that’s what the kids call it these days) is really getting the hard sell! Caught a bit of some cooking prog on Channel 4 this morning and it was played before and after the adverts!
    I know your so achingly cool that anything mainstream just doesn’t flutter your brain but its not exactly like this Sunday magazine style program hasn’t been around for a while!
    Sunday Brunch

Cant you just tell us what we should like?

Northwind

Holy Mountain sounds like a shit Ginger Wildheart side project’s cover of She Bangs

DezB
    Free Member

I know your so achingly cool that anything mainstream just doesn’t flutter your brain but its not exactly like this Sunday magazine style program hasn’t been around for a while!
    Sunday Brunch
    Cant you just tell us what we should like?

I really don’t know what the hell you’re on about.

teasel
    Free Member

it was played before and after the adverts!

That’s just how they do things on that show. A snippet of the track/programme/film before they depart for the ads, same again when they return. It’s not exclusive it’s just that you noticed, I would imagine.

RustySpanner

Bit Mott the Hoople-ish, I reckon.

stanfree
    Free Member

I love it and when I heard it on 6 music thought “The Vaccines new song is ace”. Actually had to google it to see my car wasn’t displaying the wrong info. Also Fort Knox is brilliant but definately a David Holmes track that they couldn’t put Noels lyrics too.
    You cant knock either Gallagher for their current work.

CountZero

DezB – Member
    See, it’s perfect for 6Music/Radio One/Radio 2/ Radio X – new music that sounds like old music.

6 does play other stuff y’know, stuff that’s actually new…
    However, as time goes on, it’s increasingly difficult to create music that’s totally without some influence or other, unless it’s from another culture completely, but even then there are likely to be hints of Western music creeping in, the ‘desert blues’ made by the Touareg from Mali and Saharan Africa being an obvious example, and regularly played on 6.
    I’ve bought more new music as a result of 6Music exposure than any other source, with the possible exception of Uncut Magazine, but even that is often behind 6 with new stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

even that

Lol – i read Uncut and new stuff gets a 50 word review at most. They even gave a full page spread to Beatles tribute band the other month! Anyway, I think you’ve rather missed the poiint of what you (mis)quoted tbh.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As long as I’ve been here dez you have generally pulled others on their musical tastes. It strikes me at times that you really don’t like anyone who is ever so slightly commercial. You once hounded me for wanting to see kasabian at a big venue when I moaned about ticket resale prices as we didn’t get them first off.
    I love watching gigs in pubs, I love the tiny tents at festivals but sometimes these artists do make it big and they’re not for everyone’s taste but we are allowed to like them 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Show me an example of where I criticise someone’s taste. I criticise Noel Gallagher, cos thats what the thread is about. I don’t give a monkeys what other people like! I might have a laugh about it, but thats about it.
    What amazes me is that people care and try to defend or explain it. If someone didn’t like what I like it wouldn’t matter to me at all!
    I apologise if my opinions don’t tally with yours, but it’d be **** boring if we all liked the same thing wouldn’t it.

djglover
    Free Member

Really like Liams new album, it sounds like some of the best stuff Oasis never did. Noel does sound like Status quo though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m off to see scouting for girls on Friday. I clearly don’t give a **** either. As you were 😉

RustySpanner

Oi,you lot, give your heads a collective wobble.

Arguing over Noel Gallagher?
    For shame.

Dez doesn’t mean anything by it, he’s just being Dez. I think we had an email conversation about it years ago?

I enjoy taking the mick out of his snobbery and he likes complimenting me on my excellent taste in music.

It’s fun.
    🙂

DezB
    Free Member

People going to gigs is great! Especially ones I wouldn’t be seen dead at! 😆
    oooonly messin’ 😉

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Like much of Mr Gallaghers output its copied from something else ( not necessarily a bad thing )………

In this case an obscure 1960’s bubble gum pop tune !

[video]https://youtu.be/Ctvn-1J0MZY[/video]

wheresthefinesse
    Free Member

Brings National Lampoons European Vacation to mind…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

“Nah, exactly what I expected from the RockFM crowd, whose taste hasn’t developed since 1989.”

DezB, a while ago , singletrack forum. 😀

Anyone got the latest Q magazine I can borrow?

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh well found. Was that when everyone was slagging the new LCD Soundsystem (critics’ album of the year!) single what I posted?
    True though eh? 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I still don’t like call the police but I love the album. I’ve had to give it a rest as I caned it too much

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Noel Gallaghers new song’ is closed to new replies.