Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • nobby nics on stan flow rims???
  • Jamesy
    Free Member

is it ok to use nobby nics as tubeless??? im thinking of ordering a set of pro II on flow rims, would i need the rubber strips or just the tape??? there nobby nics snakeskin btw. oh and what are these flow rims like???

cheers

BadlyWiredDog

Flow rims are ace, nice and light but wide and tough. Great for tubeless conversions, NNs work fine, Snakeskin is a good call, yellow tape, two layers works for me, easier to inflate with the rubber strips, but not essential ime.

Jamesy
    Free Member

cheers bud, how much sealant are you running in each tire?? and is there any disadvantages of running them with rubber strips?? or is it purely to make thing easier??

cheers

BadlyWiredDog

The only real disadvantage to the strip is that if you do flat and need to put a tube in, you have to remove the whole rim strip instead of just a valve with the tape – so you need to tape the rim anyway, just in case. But really it just makes the tyre go up easier in the first place, especially if it's a bit less than tight on the rim.

What you can do is use multiple layers of the tape to increase the diameter of the rim bed, or whatever it is just slightly.

I don't think the rubber makes any odds to the security of the bead / rim join as it's all about the shape of the rim. You'll also find that tyres come up big on Flows, so a 2.1 NN looks more like a 2.25 on a conventional rim, which is nice – slightly more internal volume I think and nicer profile.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘nobby nics on stan flow rims???’ is closed to new replies.