Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Nobby Nics 2.35 what they like size wise?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

As title really, just wondering if anyone can measure, or know, what they're like pumped up on a wheel, the width obviously (before I get someone saying 'it's 26 inches' or sumfink) as I want to check the clearance on my older frame? Do other Schwalbes tend to come up large or spot on for sizes?

Cheers 🙂

sadexpunk

mine come up narrower, more like a 2.1

wheelz
    Free Member

I've just stuck one on my hardtail. It definitely looks wider than the Maxxis HR 2.3 I took off.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

these are huge……they come up big!

BadlyWiredDog

There is no NN 2.35, you can take you choice between the 2.25 which is like a largeish 2.1 or the 2.4 which is more like a 2.35. They are also very pressure sensitive, too much and they bounce around, too little and the thin sidewalls flex lots.

sadexpunk

ah mine will be the 2.25s then.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Ah, typo 😳 I meant 2.25 … so more like a 2.1 then, should be ok for my older frame, although would appreciate it if someone could measure it just to make sure?

wheelz, you must have the 2.4 ?

wheelz
    Free Member

No, I've definitely got the 2.25. They measure 60mm across the width at 35PSI, which is the same as the HR 2.3 I took off. Just measured both now.

sadexpunk

hmmm thats strange. just mesured mine, pumped up to 30 or 35, and theyre only 50mm across.

im running mine ghetto tubeless, but cant see that making a difference?

wheelz
    Free Member

Could be the rims. I'm running mine on Mavic XC717 disc rims.

sadexpunk

mine are mavic 317s

wheelz
    Free Member

Then it is most probably my dodgy measuring technique. Shall we compromise on 55mm? 😀

emac65
    Free Member

On my diggy venier gauge mine are 54mm on 717 rims 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

55mm on mine at their widest – 717 rim

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Brilliant, 55mm seems to be the consensus for the 2.25 then, I'll measure up my frame later…

Thanks 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Nobby Nics 2.35 what they like size wise?’ is closed to new replies.