Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nobby Nick vs Minion
  • zero-cool
    Free Member

How do Scwalbe Nobby Nick (snakeskin, tubeless ready) compare to Maxxis Minion DHF (single ply) as a tubeless rear tyre?
    Got them spare with Wife’s Covert as Noah’s Ark offered Minions for free but have holed the rear and wondered what the NNs are like to ride before I faff with all the tubeless stuff again.

Any advice and help greatly appreciated.

Tom Kp

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’ve used all different versions of both of those and you’ll find the snakeskin sidewalls a bit tougher than the minion single plys and they’ll roll quicker. However they won’t provide anywhere near as much grip accelerating, cornering, braking or climbing in any conditions as the minions. I really tried to like the NNs because they’re relatively quick but I much prefer minions in every situation

zerocool

Cheers, that’s what I figured. Will still try them this weekend as haven’t got time to sort out something else, but it sounds like I’ll be investing in another Minion

Northwind

Nobby Nic snakeskin 2.25 as a rear for me was a short adventure in punctures and hilariously fast tyre wear. Trouble is, the Nic relies on its block shape for grip, so once the edges wear off- which happens really, really fast- they become a bit crap. It is a mistake I won’t make again.

zerocool

Cheers for the feedback, as they’re sitting on the shelf I might try them until I can get another Minion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nobby Nick vs Minion’ is closed to new replies.