• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by bol.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nobby Nic non-UST on Mavic UST
  • faint
    Free Member

Just enlisted for this weekends Brass Monkey and having doubts wether the RR on the front will hold out. I have a non-UST NN available but before I go showering latex milk all over the garage can anybody give me a yay or nay on wether to attempt this.

Ta

JamesP
    Free Member

It'll work just fine. I've used Schwalbe UST and Non UST tyres on 817s with no issues.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Myself and my LBS found out that trying to run a non UST Schwalbevtire on a UST rim tubeless doesn't work. The bead on the non UST tire doesn't sit correctly in the rim and so doesn't make a good enough seal. You can however run a non UST tire on a UST rim with an inner-tube no problem though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    faint
    Free Member

oh dear conflicting answers.
    I know the safe option is to run a tube so will probably opt for this.

cheers

younggeoff

non ust NN without a tube will feel a bit squirmy compared to a ust version due the thinner sidewalls.

giantjason
    Free Member

as Roter Stern says.

I went to my LBS to try mounting a non-UST NN onto Mavic 817 UST rim. needless to say we were still there 30mins later trying to get it on. The bead wouldnt sit right and there was sealant everywhere!!!

Bought a proper UST Schwalbe and managed to fit it myself in nearly 5mins with no problems!!

br
    Free Member

We've just given up trying to mount a normal NN, first on the rim/stans it came off (earlier during a ride…), and then onto an 819.

Tried every trick – and I've a compressor, failed.

Sometimes a tyre just won't mount, even one that's been on tubeless before – sometimes I think its because its got too many holes in it.

bol

Non ust ralphs and nics inflated fine on my rovals wit stans, but were flat again by morning. Tried another couple of times, then gave up and used tubes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nobby Nic non-UST on Mavic UST’ is closed to new replies.