• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by pb2.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nobby nic evo ghetto tubeless?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Are these any good tubeless or are they too porous? If they’re rubbish tubeless, what could people reccommend? I’ve heard maxxis are good ghetto tubeless.

neninja
    Free Member

Ran a NN Evo on the front with Stans Fluid for most of last year. Bit of a bugger to seat initially but perfect after than.

Been running Maxxis Advantage (non UST) tubeless since November and they have worked perfectly too.

druidh
    Free Member

I have two of the NNs running tubeless on my Blur. One is perfect, the other needs topping up with air regularly 😕

Edit: I’m gonna swap them out for Advantages anyway.

sambob
    Free Member

How well do advatages roll?

shindiggy
    Free Member

In a circular motion

Northwind

I got a puncture that wouldn’t seal on the first ride but otherwise fine- they were very tight on the beads, hard to get one side sealed.

votchy
    Free Member

The 2011 NN’s are tubeless ready, the 2010 pair I have have sidewalls more porous than a sponge, trying to ghetto them turned my garage in to an Ibiza foam party 😯

Fishbone
    Free Member

Just fitted a pair of older Nobby Nic’s snakeskin, one on a Mavic 717 rim with stans rim strip and one on Stans ZTR crest rim with stans yellow tape, both went on and inflated really easy. Used a track pump, with no problems, probably the easist I have done.

pb2

I’m struggling with a 2010 29″ NN Evo triple compound non UST tyre, I’m using a 26″ tube with the rim tape removed and the wheel is 29″ UST Bonty Race TLR, so far its not come close to sealing and I’m having problems getting the sealent to stay in side the tyre.

Any clues as to what I need to do to get this combo to inflate ????

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nobby nic evo ghetto tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.