Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nobby Nic 2.6s?
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

anyone one got some?
    can you give me an idea how wide they come up? on what rims?
    thinking of putting one onto a i40mm rim.
    anyone running one liek that and can measure it for me?

and PaceStar or Trailstar?

and achly, if anyone’s got a 2.8″ on a 40mm i’d like a measure of that too!
    churs

mudmonster
    Free Member

I tried to put one on a mates bike yesterday, Pacestar 2.6.

Had to take it to the bike shop in the end use one of those Shwalbe air canister things. We put a 2.35 magic mary on the front which went straight up with my track pump.

To me it looked quite similar in size to the MM. I was expecting it to look a lot bigger. His rims are 25mm internal.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

akkwlsk
    Free Member

It’s already been proven, that NobbyNics get their 2,6 inch from 30mm and above of internal width.

Schwalbe doesn’t say what is the minimum width, so i guess it is fair enough.

On 22-25 they are very close to 2,4″

jamiesilo
    Free Member

good, thanks.
    sounds like i could expect 65mm to be accurate on 40mm rim then, and that the profile will be slightly towards the squarer end of the range.
    schwalbe recommend range of 30-40mm rims for 65-584 size tyres seemingly

sounding like i could squeeze a 2.8 in. reckon i’ll start with one and if it doesn’t fit the back i can get a 2.6

mccraque

Schwalbe told me that “they come up to size” and that a 2.8 on a 35mm rim would measure 70mm wide and have a rounded profile. Expect the 2.6 to be a scaled proportion with a 5-10mm drop of BB height on the 2.8.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

after a bit of better measuring, seems i’ve deffy only got room for a 2.6 on the back.
    does anyone have experience of fitting a 2.8 in reba lowers?

sanername

Got one on the back of my Jones Spaceframe, love it.

lawman91

My 2.6 Trailstar Nics came out bang on 2.6″ on a raceface Arc30, fitted fine in a 27.5 boost pile but alas not quite enough room in the back of my T130. Looking to move them on at the minute if you’re interested, only after £60 for the pair, had a single lap of llandegla on them.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

thanks lawman, i’d only be after one of them turns out, and i think probably a pacestar for longevity.
    also they’re only £31 new, so i may as well get the right one : )

mccraque

Does anyone know whether the 29 version in 2.6 will fit on a boosted 29 Pike? Or will it be too tall?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Mine measures 64mm tubeless on an i30mm rim, mounted up using an airshot, no problem. Seems to be about 5mm taller than an Ardent. Definitely draggier that the 2.35 RR that it replaced.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nobby Nic 2.6s?’ is closed to new replies.