Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nobby Nic 2.35 v's High roller 2.35. How do they measure up?
  • transapp
    Free Member

Running Mavic 717 rims, wanting a little more volume without going for full on fatbike balloon mental. What’s peoples experiances of these? I know the high roller is about the right size, but prefere the Nic in performance.

coogan
    Free Member

High Roller = ace.
    Nobby Nic = pish.

Just my opinion.

transapp
    Free Member

And the size? I like the Nobby Nics so happy enough with performance, just wanted something a little more volumous and want to be sure it’ll fit on an Anthem

james
    Free Member

I was only aware of a 2.25″ and 2.4″ NN?
    The 2.25″ NN will be bigger than a 2.35″ HR. A 2.25″ NN will probably be a bit smaller (but not by much) than a 2.5″ HR. (I’m going by a 2.25″ schwalbe albert vs. a 2.5″ HR)
    On XC717 rims I personally wouldn’t go bigger than 2.35″ HR’s, the extra big side knobs just about keeping them okay
    If you’ve no rocks no split non snakeskin NN’s, then they also do a 2.1″? though I’d guess it’d be smaller than a 2.35″ HR?

coogan
    Free Member

Can’t remember what size I had of Nobby Nics, 2.4? They were off the bike in a month and thrown in a corner. Waste of money.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

How about a big betty 2.4, had one on the front of my C456 and it was a great tyre, never lost the front once and its comfy. I used it both winter and better conditions as I just didn’t feel the need to change.

transapp
    Free Member

Ok, getting the idea. The 2.35’s are on the on-one website, but I’m not convinced that they arn’t a typo.
    Still rate the NN’s, but maybe a 2.25 would do the job.
    Amazingly they are now to be found cheaper than a 60a kevlar high roller…

bigjim

I have a 2.35 high roller and 2.25 nobby nics, but not sure about the 2.35 nobby nic. I prefer the nobby nic 🙂

IanW
    Free Member

Swap between 2.25 NN for local and 2.35 HR for trails. NN are bigger rounder lighter but fragile. HR are smaller, square edged and more rubbery grippier, better on rocks but draggier. 🙂

Highland28
    Free Member

Just got a 2.25 NN to fit instead of my very dead crossmark on the back, having run a 2,35 HR for a very short period as it rubbed the frame slightly. NN seems to be fine so far from what i can see, which would suggest they come up very slightly smaller than HR on my 721 rims, amazed at the price of the evo snakeskin NN too from on one!!! Pleased so far

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have a pair of 2.4 NN blow up huge ride great on soft peaty , trails horrible on trail centres and I found to be very slippy on rocky trails

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nobby Nic 2.35 v's High roller 2.35. How do they measure up?’ is closed to new replies.