Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nobbly Nic evolution 2.25’s……
  • neil853
    Free Member

anybody any thoughts? compared to mountain king protection 2.4’s?

fozzybear
    Free Member

NN are ok, i hated MK’s, in the mud they were good but anything mildly moist or off camber they were lethal.
    NN while not brilliant at least i didn’t feel like my life was in my hands on off camber corners.
    (i was laughed at by two ppl saying MK’s off camber were lethal, they took my bike round the same corner both came back with the same statement “**** lethal”)
    i know some ppl will love MK’s and some will hate NN imo neither are good, try a maxxis ignitors
    http://www.descent-gear.com/products/maxxis-ignitor-xc-tyres

poppa
    Free Member

Isn’t mud by nature ‘mildly moist’?

neil853
    Free Member

well I must be honest I like my Mountain Kings but i’ve found some Nobbly Nics cheap, look a nice light weight large volume tyre that would suit france and the uk well?

fozzybear
    Free Member

yes, but i mean in damp conditions things like roots were slippy to hell but in mud they just seamed to grip well..
    damp conditions?
    the ground was hard but there was a light shower before hand.

i ran some NN down Snowdon and was with someone who had conti’s he had 3 punctures and a sliced tyre, i minced down with nothing. [:)]

richc
    Free Member

NN are good, but you need to buy the alpinecross and/or snakeskin ones if you ride anywhere rocky

the_lecht_rocks

NN UST are more resistant to rock / sidewall tear that the ordinary NN.
    Snakeskin is good too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nobbly Nic evolution 2.25’s……’ is closed to new replies.