Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • No-win/No-fee solicitor for accident on bike.
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I got taken off by a bus a couple of months back. c£600 damage to parts and clothing and some minor injuries.

I was advised to use a solicitor to avoid getting the pish taken out of me by the insurers – ie the solicitor would stop them wriggling out of it. However, details come through from the solicitor and it seems their charges to the bus company insurers would be upwards of £2.5k.

Now,sure, in theory it costs me nothing but what goes around comes around. DIY or solicitor?

RealMan
    Free Member

but what goes around comes around

You’re right. Bus hits cyclist, bus company loses money.

thomthumb
    Free Member

speak to the CTC their legal team can advise, even as a non member.

phil.w
    Free Member

send a polite letter to the bus insurance company explaining the £600 costs due to damage and ask for a cheque.

if they turn down the cheaper option then get the solicitor involved.

DavidB
    Free Member

Hi Simon <waves>

CTC seconded, this is what the cyclist defence fund is for

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’m an LCC member – they gave me the solicitors. It just seems disproportionate for the costs to be multiple of the amount I’m likely to receive.

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

which is why you ask the bus company nicely to settle the money first, that at least give them the option of only loosing £600 instead of the 3k they’d loose when you bring the solicitors in.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was well pleased with BIKELINE

No fee whatsoever, and if there was any risk at all of me incurring any costs, they made it absolutely crystal-clear to me before hand.

They secured £20k for me, which I considered to be fair. I didn’t pay a brass farthing.

project
    Free Member

Bikeline.co.uk

They willlook at the case4 and see if they can put in a claim on your behalf, the bus companies insures will pay all legal costs, which are quite high, usua;;y 60% of the claim , thats what the lasrt claim cost, and i won.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘No-win/No-fee solicitor for accident on bike.’ is closed to new replies.