Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • no tubes ztr rims advice
  • barzy38
    Free Member

Just built-up some ztr arch rims. Rim tape has gone on fine and does not interfere with rim edge, brand new Nobby Nic fitted. I can’t get them to fully seal though. I’m under the impression that I shouldn’t need latex, but do I? It slowly leaks seemingly around the whole rim, but especially from the valve. Any advice…?
    Cheers

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Put a tube in it for 3 days pumped up hard.
    Put sealant jizz in.
    lie it flat on a bin over night for the sealant to go round the edge
    Do it again to the other side.
    Spin it round ALOT.
    Cry, because it doesn’t work.
    Tighten your valve stem too tight so it pulls through.
    Cry again
    Buy some more valve stems
    Whimper as you have to start again.
    Spin it around a bit more.
    Might JUST work.
    Moan to friends
    Moan to your wife, (she wont give a crap)
    Pump it up again.
    Ride around bragging that it was easy as pie. Then recommend it to everyone as its ace.

Does that help?

radoggair
    Free Member

guessing u mean tubeless. Put in plenty of sealant, then spin the wheel holding the skewers. Then put wheel onto one side and spin ( clamp skewer in a vice). Do that for a few minutes then repeat other side. Shake wheel a few times, put in some more air and leave overnight to settle. In morning, check tyre, add more air if needed and hopefully all should be fixed. if not, buy a tubeless tyre??

footflaps

Stans rims are designed to be tubless with Stans wheel milk – it’s not a ‘dry’ tubeless system.

P20

I’ve got Crests and 355s both running nobby nics without problems. Both run fluid though. They have been the easiest tyres to seal in my experience. Follow the videos on the stans site about sloshing the fluid up the sidewalls.

taxi25
    Free Member

Most tyre sidewalls will be a bit porous. The sloshing with the tyre milk is a must.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

if its not a tubless nobby nick, then the sidewalls will be lossy. You need fluid to plug the sidewalls.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘no tubes ztr rims advice’ is closed to new replies.