Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • No skool like the new skool
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I fitted drop bars to my hybrid commuter, for a laugh. This necessitated the use of traditional cantis, cos the Vs wouldn’t work properly. My god, how shite are they? Endless faff to set up with those stupid straddle wires, toe in, and all the rest of it. And they’re crap!

Chuffin nora. I really wanted mini-Vs but to save money I got the cantis. I’ll either put flats back on or go to mini-Vs when I get the money together.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Or get Diacompe V levers for road bars.

flamejob
    Free Member

I love it when people say ‘a well set up pair of V’s are nearly as good as a Disc’

Oh the hilarity!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I fitted drop bars to my hybrid commuter, for a laugh You should get out more. I don’t find the canti’s on my cx bike an ‘endless faff’ to set up.

molgrips
    Free Member

Or get Diacompe V levers for road bars.

With STI shifters built in?

You should get out more. I don’t find the canti’s on my cx bike an ‘endless faff’ to set up.

I rode with cantis for years before Vs, they were crap then and still crap now. It’s a faff. You might be happy with crappy brakes, I’m not. I like to be able to stop sharpish. Compared with Vs they are bad. Compared with discs they are laughable.

I’ll admit though that they were very much cheaper than a set of Hope Minis 🙂

PS what’s getting out more got to do with it?

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

skool=rubish-fact

flamejob
    Free Member

You should get out more.

Yeah, all that fiddling with your bike and posting on forums… geesh.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘No skool like the new skool’ is closed to new replies.